Hawaii Babies

B is all of a sudden picky...

I posted this on the toddler board and on FB for ideas but Bella is all of a sudden boycotting everything, I'm talking old things she used to love and new things. She says "eat" and "hungry" and then goes to the fridge/pantry and pulls stuff out. I attempt to feed her what she pulls out but she takes one or two bites and then is done. She used to love oatmeal, avocado, peas, bananas and more. Now she doesn't want any of it. We offer her everything we're eating plus things that we know she likes but she's not eating much of it. She's getting her canines so I don't know if that's why. She's actually started sleeping better too which is odd since she's getting 3 teeth at once.  I feel bad, she's already in the 5% for weight (has been her whole life)... Any tips/ideas? 

Re: B is all of a sudden picky...

• It may be because of her teething (we got 6 at once and Ashton didn't eat much those few weeks). I honestly have no idea how to help. Ashton only likes to eat fruit/veggies or chicken nuggets/fish sticks and French fries (at least he will eat the skin on kind that I can make). I hate to feed it to him all the time but it's the only thing he will eat. I think they just had toddler diets:)
  • we go through the same thing! it's just a phase and as long as she is eating well overall it's fine.  i basically try to give A lots of options and whatever she will eat, I go with it.  it is hard finding new things or rotating back to old things but i find that what she didn't want before she will want and then the next day what she loved before she now doesn't want. i think that's just how toddlers are.  like renee said, it could also be teething.  and nothing is wrong w/being 5th percentile for weight :) as long as she doesn't drop below her curve she is healthy.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrspresley:
    i basically try to give A lots of options and whatever she will eat, I go with it.  it is hard finding new things or rotating back to old things but i find that what she didn't want before she will want and then the next day what she loved before she now doesn't want.

A just started this too. Generally, he's a great eater -- in quantity and variety -- so I don't mind going with his preferences when he's in the midst of one of his picky phases. I start with a set meal and if that doesn't work, I'll add in some more reliable things, like cheese, as teasers just to get him nibbling. Sometimes that's enough to get him eating the other stuff, too.

I try not to worry about it since I believe he knows when he's hungry and won't let himself starve... and when he eats like a picky bird at one meal, I notice him making up for it later. It's frustrating, but I think it's pretty normal.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"