April 2011 Moms
Options

How do you know if it's gas??

DD is a great eater and we are FF.  She lately has been really fussy during the day and farting like crazy!  Do you think it's gas?  What can I use to get rid of it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you know if it's gas??

• Options
    MegZRNMegZRN member
    Her belly would feel hard and distended (think of a balloon with too much air) and they usually pull their legs up to their belly if they're in pain. Simethicone drops or gripe water. Also putting small amount of pressure on their belly helps with gas. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Little Remedies make great gas drops - and by great I mean Aubrey doesn't spit it at me and she usually feels better almost immediately.

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageyesthisiskim:
    Little Remedies make great gas drops - and by great I mean Aubrey doesn't spit it at me and she usually feels better almost immediately.

Where can I buy some???

• Options
    imagedarceyf:

imageyesthisiskim:

Where can I buy some???

I got mine in a "Parents Survival Kit" (it's made by Little Remedies and contains all their products) from BRU at my baby shower. It also includes gripe water which contains ginger extract to help upset tummies which is also worth a try. But Aubrey likes to spit that one at me.

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options
    My son arches his back and let's out a really sudden, sharp, loud cry when he's gassy.  When he's hungry, his cry is more rhythmic and whiney.  He'll also throw his head back and bring his knees up to his chest when he's gassy.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Options

When Teaghan has gas she wiggles a lot and pulls her legs up to her stomach. We have been giving her Mylicon drops per the pedi and some friends suggestions. It is safe to give at every meal either by mouth or by bottle. I really liked this one bc it is FDA approved and little remedies is not.

We bought it at Babies R Us and Walmart.

• Options

https://www.dunstanbabylanguage.com/about.html

Use the Dunstan Baby Language. Listen for the Eairh sound.

"How It Works

The Dunstan Baby Language teaches you to hear exactly what your baby is communicating. As a parent, you will be able to interpret your infant's sounds and cries - and respond to their needs quickly and effectively.

Every newborn communicates from birth to 3 months using 5 distinct sounds that signal hunger, tiredness, need to burp, lower wind/gas and discomfort. This is regardless of the language their parents speak. It is not a learned language. Rather, it is a natural way for every baby to express their physical needs.

The 'words' that form the basis of what we have called the Dunstan Baby Language, are sounds that are based on baby's physical responses. These are called reflexes. For example, when a baby is hungry it will start to suck, and as sound is added to the reflex, the 'word' for hunger is produced. These are the baby's first communications, which occur before actual crying develops. The sooner the 'word' for hunger is identified the sooner a parent can respond by feeding, resulting in less crying and less discomfort for baby - and for parents..

The Dunstan System will teach you how to tune your ear to the 5 'words', take you through settling solutions, and gives helpful advice for parents. You will also view Priscilla Dunstan in a 'live lesson', teaching new mothers the System - with immediate results.

It was eight years of research that revealed this system of sounds - the language that is shared by all babies. We trust you will treasure the Dunstan Baby Language as your baby benefits from being is listened to - and truly heard."

• Options

imageyesthisiskim:

This.

OP, you can get it at Wal-Greens (and I think I spotted some in the grocery store the other day). 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options
    When DD has gas she cries and then farts. Ditto on the gas drops - they work and she seems to like the taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"