South Carolina Babies
Options

Moncks Corner New Mom needs advice!

Hello I am about to have a little baby boy. I am new to this, as it is our first child. I have no idea of what to expect. I am curious about when to pack a hospitial bag and what I should pack in it. There are lots of things that run through my mind that I cant remember right now! Stick out tongue I want to also connect with other mommies to talk about these things and maybe go out on play dates and things like that. Also if anyone wants to give away any baby stuff I would be more than happy to accept them. You can email me if you would like: krystlnickel@gmail.com Thanks to all you wonderful mommies Big Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moncks Corner New Mom needs advice!

• Options

Could someone please tell me whatI should pack in a hospital bag?

• Options

Everyone is different, but in my hospital bag I had:

• Comfortable nightgown in case i didn't want to sleep in the hospital gown after delivery
    • Sweat pants (my son was born in November in Maryland) and a sweat shirt for the trip home, along with shoes, socks, etc. 
    • Warm infant clothes for my son, blanket, hat
    • Clothes for Dad to change into while we were in the hospital
    • Magazines, books, IPod, etc for entertainment during the wait period
    • A list of names/numbers to call after delivery
    • My favorite pillow
    • Nursing bra 
    • Camera

the hospital will provide diapers, wipes for the baby while you are there, so you don't have to worry about that.  They also will give you shampoo, soap and a towel for when you want to shower.  If you're picky, bring your own.  I would bring whatever would make you feel as comfortable as possible.  I was induced and was in labor for 36 hrs before I was able to start pushing...that's a long time to just be in the hospital waiting for your peanut to make his grand entrance.  The magazines helped and I had a lot of visitors in between. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much! Now I kinda have an idea. yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"