Philadelphia Babies
Options

Help with Pregnancy

Hey ladies,

I am seeking some help and have no idea where else to turn to.

First, I live in Delaware but work in West Chester, PA which is making it difficult for the IUI appts. Trying to get to the dr's office by 3 when I technically do not get off of work until 4 is making it extremely stressful.

Hubby and I have been trying for quit some time now without success. So we got involved with Reproductive Associates of Delaware and got all the necessary test done for him and myself. They didn't really find much wrong with my and hubby's sperm count was a little low but nothing to alarming. 

So we did our first IUI 2 weeks ago and low and behold, it did not work  :(  I know everyone will say to try again with the IUI, but since my insurance does not cover it and we are paying out of pocket, we can't really ditch out another $1800 right now.

So I guess what I am asking is: Is there another Dr I could see that is not as expensive? Is there any other route to go besides IVF now? 

Thanks for any help/responses.

Kristy

p.s I also posted this on the Delaware board but was given the idea to see if I could find another doctor closer to my work since most of the stuff seems to be happening during the week.

Re: Help with Pregnancy

• Options

First, I'm so sorry you are going through this, I know how hard it can be. I can remember thinking for sure the first IUI would work and was devastated when it didn't. We used Dr. Glasner Main Line Fertility (Bryn Mawr and Paoli), but I don't know the costs as IUI was covered under insurance. But, they are very good and I believe you can have a free initial appointment where you bring all of your documents/test results and they will give their opinions. I would guess that you probably need some more tests (which may be covered under your insurance) to determine any possible issues. 

Also, on a side note, have your husband take vitamins, I went to some generic store like GNC and bought some that related to fertility and they did make a difference. He was first tested and was normal, average, but after three months of vitamins he count was fantastic. Every little bit helps and it is a relatively inexpensive thing you can do. Good luck, and just ignore all of those folks who tell you that you just need to "relax."

• Options

Thank you for your response!

I have done a lot of different test and what not, so hopefully no one else would need to perform anything! But, whatever it takes to conceive.

Thanks for the advice on the vitamins. I have thought about that, but didn't know what to get or where to go. Any idea what the vitamins are called?

Again, Thank You!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My third IUI finally took in December.  Are you on clomid?  Also ask about progesterone supplements after the IUI as well.  My doctor is in Philadelphia and she is amazing but it sounds like you are geographically limited.  My insurance covered the IUI procedures but the drugs were not covered so that did get expensive.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am not on Clomid and not sure if its something that everyone needs to be on or just certain individuals.

I do have the progesterone supplements which I was doing during my first IUI

I am the opposite with the insurance, it covers the drugs just not the procedure  :(

• Options
    I am also in Center city and used an amazing RE, my insurance also did not cover IUI's but they were very reasonably priced, about $300 per IUI, if the drugs are covered that is good news since I was blown away at how much the drugs cost.  We were finally sucessful with Follistim and IUI's.  The first couple didn't work out, but those natural cycles and I had read that your chances are 30% better on injectable drugs.  Anyway if you wanted to consider the trek:  Dr. Huppert and Dr. Platia were amazing! I believe they have two locations one that I went to in Center City at Pennsylvania Hospital and one at Abington Hospital!! Good luck!!!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options

Some people have great success with accupuncture.  I can't recall the doctor's name, but there is supposed to be an accupuncturist in ardmore who is WONDERFUL for conception.  I think it may be https://www.mainlineacu.com/index.html but not 100% sure. 

I do know Krista Coombs is in philly and is great for pregnancy/getting labor started...she might be good for conception too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"