April 2011 Moms
Options

Does LO only want you?

Today I asked DH to watch Aubrey while I showered because she simply was not going down for her morning nap. She was fine until my hair was lathered up with soap. DH tried everything except feeding her to make her happy (she just ate 3oz) and she would continue to let out her one high pitched "I'm not happy" scream. As soon as I got out he passed her over and she was instantly happy. Seriously, I thought she was too young to show such an attachment and/or suffer from separation anxiety. Anyone else experiencing their LO favoring mommy only?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

Re: Does LO only want you?

• Options
    DS only wants me if he's really really upset. He's fine with my mom but cries more often with DH. Honestly though it's my DH's own fault he doesn't hold him enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sam's been fantastic with my husband for the most part, but he was home for the first five weeks and would stay up with him until 2 or 3 AM most nights. We went through a "only mommy will do" phase when he started work for the first week or so, but we've been pushing through it and making him have daddy time in the evenings so he and daddy remember how to make him happy. There are still a lot of moments where he's fussing for my husband and if I take him he'll calm right down and that frustrates Greg, but we're working on it and he's getting way better with dad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MegZRNMegZRN member
    imageMG7:
    DS only wants me if he's really really upset. He's fine with my mom but cries more often with DH. Honestly though it's my DH's own fault he doesn't hold him enough.
    Exactly this! She wants me when pretty much all the time. DH only holds her if I give her to him. It's a bad cycle. She cries when he holds her bc he doesn't hold her enough, he doesn't hold her enough bc she cries when he holds her... Granted it's mostly bc she is eating all evening when he is home but he doesn't make the extra effort in btwn feedings. She's fine with my friends and her grandparent though.
  • Options
    JM712JM712 member
    We've been having that sometimes too.  Last friday night I went out to dinner with a friend and my husband stayed home with DD.  She cried for 2 1/2 hours straight despite him rocking her, singing to her, walking with her, etc...  When I came home and picked her up, she was instantly quiet and feel asleep on my shoulder within minutes out of shear exhaustion!  I don't know what to do to make this better.  Just out of curiosity...are the other moms who this is happening to breastfeeding?  I feel like there is a biological connection between baby and me since I am the only one who feeds her.  I am thinking about pumping and having DH feed her one bottle a day to help boost their connection.  Thoughts?
  • Options

imageJM712:
    We've been having that sometimes too.  Last friday night I went out to dinner with a friend and my husband stayed home with DD.  She cried for 2 1/2 hours straight despite him rocking her, singing to her, walking with her, etc...  When I came home and picked her up, she was instantly quiet and feel asleep on my shoulder within minutes out of shear exhaustion!  I don't know what to do to make this better.  Just out of curiosity...are the other moms who this is happening to breastfeeding?  I feel like there is a biological connection between baby and me since I am the only one who feeds her.  I am thinking about pumping and having DH feed her one bottle a day to help boost their connection.  Thoughts?

This is what I am doing now. I am pumping so DH  can feed DS his bottle before he goes to sleep. It helps me a great bit and also gives them that time to connect since DH is at work all day/ school all night. Plus I think the bottle holds him over longer than the breast...he usually gives me a 3/3.5 hour stretch when he first goes down...

• Options
    David loves his daddy, but daddy needs to learn other ways to hold him than just the 'burp position' or on his chest.  D loves to be cradled and when DH holds him, he'll fuss and squirm and eventually yell out.  I'm trying not to be that mom that says "Honey, you're doing it wrong!" but I think they both would benefit if DH would hold him more like I do.  After baby fusses for a minute, DH will lay him down in the boppy, which usually makes him fuss more, and then eventually gives him to me to feed - even if he isn't hungry.  I'm trying to think of nice ways to show him how to hold baby differently, because I think they'd spend more time together that way!
  • Options
    Yes, I BF so that could be a huge part of it. But DH hardly ever holds her unless I ask him to and he has fed her maybe 5 bottles since she was born (6 weeks 4days ago...).

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

Olivia does great with DH until she is extremely tired.  I try to tell my DH she needs to be patted on her back up on his shoulder or her laying on her side its the only thing that works.  I think he feels he has his way to hold her and it should work.  

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i find that ava prefers me and my mom. my husband is not hands on and he hold  her very awkwardly when he has to hold her. im trying to show him different ways to soothe her without sounding  bossy so i could have a shower or use the bathroom lol.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"