3rd Trimester
Options

I'm 37 weeks with low amniotic fluid! I'm so worried!!!!

I'm 37 weeks and my baby is only 5 lbs 5 ounces. So a couple of weeks ago I was in the 60th percentile and now I'm in the 37th percentile. The amniotic levels were fine then, not leaking then or now. I thought I was going into early labor, and when they checked on me today they said that I had low amniotic fluid for the first time. My doctor was gone so I couldn't talk to him today, and they really don't know why this is happening, They told me to do fetal kick counts and I'm taking a non stress test in 2 days. Why was she kicking so much and everything okay up until a day or two ago? If I'm not leaking, then where is the fluid going??? I cried so hard when I got to my car, I want her to be okay! They were planning on a c/s anyway b/c I'm breech, but now what? I went this far, and I don't want my baby girl to die! What happens when a woman has low amniotic fluid in her last month, and should I just relax?
-----IT'S LIKE RIDING A BIKE!-----

Re: I'm 37 weeks with low amniotic fluid! I'm so worried!!!!

• Options

Take a deep breath.....I know you are so scared right now but if there was immediate danger to your baby, they would take you in to induce you right now.  I had low fluid my last month as well with my 1st pg.  I had to go in for 2 sonograms a week to keep an eye on things, there is nothing you have done and really nothing you can do other than stay hydrated and try to relax.  They may have told you a number where your fluid level is currently, if it gets below a certain level, they may just keep you over night at the hospital or just induce you.  I was able to go the whole 42 wks with low fluid.....just hang in there and listen to the doctors....enjoy your last few days/weeks of sleep.

GL and keep us posted.

• Options

You are full term, so if there was an immediate danger to your daughter, they would take her right then, so try not to stress too much.

I've got low fluid, but am no where near full term, so they will do weekly u/s to monitor me. But the best thing you can do is not stress, drink tons of water, and lay on your left side. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fluid levels measured 10 one day and 15 the next (8 and under is low from what I was told). I know it's scary but I'm just saying that fluid levels can definitely ebb and flow. Also, measurements can be off. I'm sure your doc will keep a close eye on you. And being full term already should give you some peace of mind. GL!
  • Options
    I guess I need to chill out; I read about all of these women who faced this problem when they were just 5 months pregnant, stillbirths, and everything else that was bad. I'm drinking tons of water, cleaning the house a lot less, and her kick counts are 20 or more in an hour after I eat (wow that made me feel better!). I realized that it could be way worse and that I'm really lucky I'm full term now. Plus those nurses will really scare the life out of you if you let them! My doctor knows way more and he's not stressing too much. Thanks ladies, I know I can always count on this website for support and honest opinions! Yes
    -----IT'S LIKE RIDING A BIKE!-----
  • Options
    I didn't have low amniotic fluid but my 1st was born at 37 weeks exactly and weighed 5 lbs 3 oz.  Sooo.... if they do decide to induce you try not to worry too much.  Everything should be fine.  He is a super happy and active 16 month old who didn't need the NICU or anything.  Good luck and I hope your fluids go back up.
  • Options
    Try not to worry.  You'll probably never know why the fluid is low.  I was induced due to low fluid at 38 weeks, and everything went very smoothly.  In my case, I didn't realize how serious the risk was, even though I was getting weekly non stress tests.  In hindsight, I would have drank a ton more water and spent as much time laying on my left side as humanly possible.  Worst case scenario, your LO gets here a few weeks early.  If your fluid gets below a certain level they will admit you immediately after your non stress test.  I'd make sure my bag was ready just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"