April 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else going back to work soon?

I go back on Monday and I'm getting really nervous! I know it will be fine and while I'm ready to do something other than hang out with an infant all day I will miss DD like crazy. I also feel like she will know I'm gone - we are just so symbiotic right now. I'm also anxious about less sleep and getting into a new routine with DH. How are you preparing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else going back to work soon?

• Options
    I went back yesterday and it was the longest day of my life. Granted I have a 6 and 3 year old so ive been threw this a couple of times. But you still find yourself thinking about what you would be doing if you were at home. I read a post the other day about taking a pic on your phone of your little one to look at threw the day. I found that keeping busy at work helps keep your mind of your baby. No expert advice, just good luck. Wink
  • Options
    kje120kje120 member
    Technically I start back on Monday, but I'll be working from home for the next 4 weeks or so. My office and schedule are flexible so I can get in the hours I can while he's napping and make up the rest in the evenings when DH is home. I dread actually having to be back in the office.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going to give keeping him with me through the summer a try. Unless I can perfect baby wearing I think it might be a bigger challenge than we all think. Don't get me wrong I would much prefer to keep him with me I just can't imagine how it's going to work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagekestock120:
    Technically I start back on Monday, but I'll be working from home for the next 4 weeks or so. My office and schedule are flexible so I can get in the hours I can while he's napping and make up the rest in the evenings when DH is home. I dread actually having to be back in the office.

Ditto

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just want to say good luck! I teach, so I'm not going back til fall, and I'm already squirmy over that. I'm considering going half time. Props to all you ladies going back soon.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options

Here are some of the things I did before going back to work last time:

Pick out clothes and completely iron/assemble outfits for the week. Things were absurdly ready for the morning and on each hanger would be the outfit and any jewlery I would be wearing with it. I'd also try on each outfit to be sure it fit my new shape since the last thing you need on your first morning back is another reason to cry when you can't button your pants. One good thing about preparing clothes for the week is if you have a last minute puke/poop fest it's really easy to mindlessly grab something new in seconds.

Make some freezer meals - you'll get home and the last thing on your mind will be cooking all you will want is snuggle time with the LO. 

Get any extra laundry done or cleaning done before you go back...see above for reasoning :)

Do a practice run - find a reason to get out and go somewhere early in the morning. 

I don't know that it gets easier to leave your babies but you do sort of numb to it. Don't wear mascara on your first day back unless you can easily wipe off any teary streaks and reapply. Going back to work is hard, there's no question about it but you will value every single second you are with your baby so much more.

Good luck!

Make sure you are completely prepared the night before for the morning. Put as much in your car ahead of time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"