April 2011 Moms
Options

Now a firm believer in HBOTB and bathtubs with slings

I borrowed Happiest Baby On The Block from the library last week as I'd heard great things about it.  The book was helpful, though the DVD was moreso as we were actually able to see the 5 S's put to use.  It was also super cheesy, but I'll let that slide. :)

Anyway, after many unsuccessful attempts to swaddle LO in the past due to his crazy Houdini arms, we once again attempted to swaddle LO with a stiffer blanket and, while he is still able to break free occasionally, that combined with being held sideways for a few minutes to calm down, combined with sleeping in the swing, combined with our sound machine caused LO to sleep for 6+ hours without a peep for two nights in a row.  Wonderful!!

We also had a rough first real bath experience with LO last week in the tub I received as a hand-me down.  He screamed throughout the whole thing.  This time we borrowed a tub from SIL with a sling in it and it was *so* much better.  He wimpered but tolerated the bath and I can tell that it will only get better from here.

Highly recommend both if you're in the market for a new bathtub and need help getting your LO to calm down sometimes.

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Now a firm believer in HBOTB and bathtubs with slings

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    I definitely recommend the tub with the sling. Our LO has come to love his baths with it. He's so calm the whole time he's in there and will just gaze up at me the whole time - it's so cute :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm glad you've had two good nights!

That cheesy video was very helpful when DS was a newborn. We also have a tub with a sling, but we've only used it a couple times. I usually find it easier to bring DD in the shower with me. This is something I never ever thought I would do. Out of desperation I brought DS in when he was a newborn. He LOVED it and it was easy. Things seem to be the same with DD.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekestock120:
    I definitely recommend the tub with the sling. Our LO has come to love his baths with it. He's so calm the whole time he's in there and will just gaze up at me the whole time - it's so cute :)
    This for us too...Owen loves bath time! He still slides down a little in the sling but he is very calm and content.
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

I just got HBOTB from the library last night we plan to watch it tonight.

We also have a sling tub and Olivia loves bath time  She also loves when we take her in the shower with us.  I think she is just a water baby. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagevirginiagirl11:

Anyway, after many unsuccessful attempts to swaddle LO in the past due to his crazy Houdini arms, we once again attempted to swaddle LO with a stiffer blanket and, while he is still able to break free occasionally...

When I have had it with the regular swaddle, I rely on this for DS and everyone else in the house to get a good night's sleep:  The Escape-proof Swaddle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4VdZxwsu4

You need 2 blankets, 1 of which should ideally be rather long.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Options
    Same as others... bath tub with the sling....BEST THING EVER!! She absolutely loves her baths :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"