April 2011 Moms
Options

Massage Dilemma - Leaky Boobs!

DH booked me a massage for Friday which is super sweet and so thoughtful. I haven't had one since I was 8 months pregnant so I was really looking forward to it...

Until I thought about my constant leaking from breastfeeding! I have to use nursing pads and wear a diaper in my bra on one side it's so bad!! You don't usually wear a bra during a massage... the only thing I can think of is to bring my own towel and let her know why. I don't want to soak their stuff but what an uncomfortable conversation to have pre-massage!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Massage Dilemma - Leaky Boobs!

• Options
    At my first massage PP, I just wore my bra so I could have the bra pads and prevent all the leaking/awkward conversation.  I pulled the straps down while I was on my back, then unclasped it in the back when I was laying prone.  It worked out fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    This sounds like it might not help you just now since you're leaking so much, but I use Lansinoh Soothies when I go to my massages.  They actually stick to your boob so you don't have to wear your bra.  I did also remind my massage therapist that I was lactating, but since she is too, it was totally fine.  Maybe that could help you?

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCarolynF17:
    At my first massage PP, I just wore my bra so I could have the bra pads and prevent all the leaking/awkward conversation.  I pulled the straps down while I was on my back, then unclasped it in the back when I was laying prone.  It worked out fine.

This is what I would do. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would place an extra towel under your chest. Tell the therapist your breastfeeding and want to keep the towel there, just in case. They should understand completely.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    NannaNanna member
    Don't mess with a bra.  Take a towel with you and lay it down (and also ask to start the massage face down first - that will make sure your breasts are the most empty and will limit leakage and make sure you're comfortable).  
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"