April 2011 Moms
Options

circumcision....

all those team blues out there...

we just had baby done today and it was more horrifying for me i think. he was fine at the Dr's office and all the way home and DH had to go back to work so i was on my own today. he screamed from the second i took him out of his carseat for at least 2 hours...then he fell asleep. wouldn't eat really cause he was so worked up. then i attempted to change his diaper which made me FREAK from seeing his little penis like that! OMG! i balled my eyes out for hours and then he ate a bit and fell asleep. i called the nurse and she said it's totally normal but i hate it! i'm so sorry to my little man for causing him any pain. we don't regret doing it but i just hate to see him in pain already!! now he's sleeping...which i  know i'll regret at 2 am when he won't sleep but i need him to just sleep!

anyone else go through this yet??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: circumcision....

• Options

We did, and, honestly, he didn't really seem to phased by it.  It looks scary, but we didn't even have to give him Tylenol or anything.  If he's in any discomfort,  you can talk to you pediatrician about giving him something for it.

It stinks! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Options
    It didn't seem to bother DS, and the redness went away in about 4 days.  We stopped using the vaseline at 5 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Since I was drugged up from the c-section, Jared was in charge of first bath, various procedures, etc. at the hospital...and Liam was so tiny, Jared couldn't bring himself to have him circ'ed. I was totally surprised but fine with that. I freaked when I tried to clip his nails and he cried, so I understand how you feel.

Hugs!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    Infant Tylenol.  Helped immensely.  Also, DH and I spent the majority of that day driving around doing errands.  He passes out hard in the car, so he slept, slept, ate, and slept some more.  I totally feel you on the horrifying look though.  Good news: heals SUPER fast.  We had a plastibell done.  The bell part came off about 3 days later, and it was all better within a week.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    He'll probably sleep well tonight too.  Our LO had his done in the hospital the day after he was born.  He seemed fine afterward, just very sleepy.  Make sure you cuddle the poor guy as much as you can!

• Options
    among other reasons that is why we decided not to circumcise.  We watched a video on the procedure and just watching it be done scarred me.  No way would I put DS through that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"