April 2011 Moms
Options

I had a revelation last night...cloth dipes = pissed off baby

From day one I have used cloth diapers and my lo has often fit the description of a fussy baby. Maybe he even fits the definition of colicy.

Well I didn't keep up with the laundry and caved into disposable dipes last night. My baby has turned into MR. Mellow Mush! He is calm and happy, no crying all night and he spent most of the day today napping and smiling at me. This is a HUGE change.

I just wanted to share this little jem with anyone in a similar situation. I must have a sensitive little man who does not like feeling the tiniest bit wet! 

Re: I had a revelation last night...cloth dipes = pissed off baby

• Options
    I'm a big ol' CD failure. Embarrassed I tried our KL0s for 2 days and was miserable. DS was completely soaking the entire thing in record timing. He's a SUPER wet baby though (drinking 6-8 oz regularly right now) and I feel like I would of had to change him every 1/2 hr to keep him happy and ended up doing it every hr. I let him go 2 hrs and he was PISSED when he woke. The whole entire diaper, cover, and all his skin was sopping wet regularly. I have my pockets to try when he fits, but for now he's much happier in sposies also. I know I could have tried different dipes, stuffed them, etc. but I'm barely getting by as it is!
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

imagebiblionerd:
    I'm a big ol' CD failure. EmbarrassedI tried our KL0s for 2 days and was miserable. DS was completely soaking the entire thing in record timing. He's a SUPER wet baby though (drinking 6-8 oz regularly right now) and I feel like I would of had to change him every 1/2 hr to keep him happy and ended up doing it every hr. I let him go 2 hrs and he was PISSED when he woke. The whole entire diaper, cover, and all his skin was sopping wet regularly. I have my pockets to try when he fits, but for now he's much happier in sposies also. I know I could have tried different dipes, stuffed them, etc. but I'm barely getting by as it is!

Yea, I've been really unhappy with our kissas - I only use them at home when I can change him every hour. I'm in love with our newborn bumgenius AIOs - and they're the same price as the darn KL0s :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelylahlove:

Yea, I've been really unhappy with our kissas - I only use them at home when I can change him every hour. I'm in love with our newborn bumgenius AIOs - and they're the same price as the darn KL0s :(

Wish I would have known that before! I'm not sure whether I want to keep the KL0s and attempt them with the next LO or just cut my losses and sell them all.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    NannaNanna member
    DD soaks through our KL0s really quickly, too.  Pretty much all of our NB dipes are useless in terms of how much pee they will hold.  She's a super soaker!  And I hate putting her in a super-stuffed pocket (my RaR fit her) because they make her hips/legs spread so far apart it looks really bad.  As a result we're definitely doing sposies at night (which we actually have done with all of our kids because they are heavy wetters and no CD option ever worked so we swear by the Huggies Overnights).
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    So funny because DS is the total opposite,  Total fussy pants in sposies and loves his cloth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"