Detroit Babies
Options

NBR - Suggestions for vacation Up North

I would love to go up north sometime during the first week of July with my husband and 20 month year old.  Does anyone have a place that they love and could recommend?  I mainly want something clean and close to a nice swimming area. 

Re: NBR - Suggestions for vacation Up North

• Options

Petoskey, Michigan is really nice.  The Inn at Bay Harbor is really nice and it has a beach on Lake Michigan behind the hotel.

https://www.innatbayharbor.com/

• Options
    Mrs.NGMMrs.NGM member
    We stayed at The Homestead Resort in Glen Arbor several years ago.  It was nice because you could pick which section of the resort you wanted to stay at based on family preferences and such.  One or two of the sections were more geared towards families.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mackinaw Island/City is a very nice area. Lots of nice swimming and Tourist Areas!

Enjoy your trip where ever you do choose to go! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second Petoskey and the Inn at Bay Harbor. Sooooo nice. If you can swing it, Mackinac Island is perfection. We loved the Harbor View Inn a few years back!
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Options

imageMrs.NGM:
    We stayed at The Homestead Resort in Glen Arbor several years ago.  It was nice because you could pick which section of the resort you wanted to stay at based on family preferences and such.  One or two of the sections were more geared towards families.

I love the Homestead too

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    str8otastr8ota member
    Traverse City for the Cherry Festival.
  • Options
    Brit710Brit710 member
    Our family goes camping at Clear Lake State Park every year. I love it.  It's clean, family friendly, and lots of stuff to do.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We normally stay in downtown Glen Arbor every summer for at least a week (we rent a house). Last fall we also went for our anniversary. We drove through the Homestead and it looks AMAZING for families!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options

Hi Brit,

Thanks so much for telling me about this campsite.  I looked it up and was very surprised to see it is right next to Canada Creek Ranch, where I spent many summers with my grandparents.  I've been wanting to revisit that place now that I have my own little one, but I think you have to be a member.  So this campsite is the next best thing.  We hope to check it out sometime this summer.

Thanks for all the other ideas.  The Homestead and Inn at Bay Harbor look really nice and even though they looked booked up for over the 4th of july, I'm going to keep them in mind for later in the summer or fall. 

• Options

I love St. Ignace. It's cute, quaint, has several clean, inexpensive staying options, EXCELLENT food (smoked fish to die for), and is a good strike-out point for all sorts of places (a bear ranch in Newberry, the Soo, Mackinac Island, Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point), and the best thing about it--there is an absolutely beautiful pristine Lake Michigan beach about 20 minutes down highway 2 (I believe that the specific place is Pointe Aux Chenes). You pull up by the road and go swimming. :-)

Tanya

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"