Parenting
Options

In case you're interested, triple paste recipe inside

My pedi's office gave me this recipe for Maddie's diaper rash. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but Triple Paste is $$$ and is supposed to work great!

1 tube Lotrimin AF (I used generic)
1 tube (or equal part) A&D ointment (I used the zinc oxide formula, not original, don't know if that makes a difference)
1 oz Maalox (generic)
enough corn starch or baby powder to thicken to a heavy paste (I probably used 7-8 heaping teaspoons or corn starch for it to thicken up and could have probably added more)

I made it in a 4oz Aquaphor container and it fit perfectly. It should also be safe with CDs, but I'll update when we have some experience. Just thought I'd share!

Re: In case you're interested, triple paste recipe inside

• Options
    co18 makes something similar--it is THE BEST! she bought it to miami when she met up with us b/c S had such an awful diaper rash... it worked like a charm!
    Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Options

Thats really interesting!

I never used triple paste, but is it really more expensive than all those ingrediates combined?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That is what triple paste is supposedly made of, or just works as well as Triple Paste? Lotrimin is expensive, too!

Co18 gave me a 'recipe' similar to this (although I mixed the lotrimin and maalox and cornstarch WITH triple paste). It works pretty well!

• Options
    I've seen triple paste for $35 a container! With the generic stuff I probably spent $8.
  • Options
    ok I'm saving this to give to Bobbi & Josh in case my granddaughter gets horrible diaper rash.
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Options

You really don't need the triple paste with the maalox/lotramin.

Just a regular diaper rash cream does the trick.  EVERY single time.

It's awesome.  I've given this to tons of people, and everyone has raved! 

• Options
    I still want to know if they are saying that this is what Triple Paste is made of.....or are they just saying it works as well? I am curious! (I have never looked at the ingredients on Triple Paste).
  • Options

imageJen2124:
    I still want to know if they are saying that this is what Triple Paste is made of.....or are they just saying it works as well? I am curious! (I have never looked at the ingredients on Triple Paste).

I'm not sure if they're the same ingredients, but the nurse called it their "triple paste recipe". So I think it works as well. ?

• Options
    thanks for sharing. ds gets a bad diaper rash when teething. he should be just about done with those though! but just in case I need this for dd ( hope not)!!
  • Options
    Just replying so I can save this for leter!  Thanks!
    DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • Options
    doing the same. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"