Nevada Babies

trying to figure out insurance costs

I live in Las Vegas and have Cigna insurance.  I have an HRA that pays first (which also applies to deductible), then after the deductible is met it goes to coinsurance-15% my portion, 85% insurance pays.  My HRA was 750, but has 39.84 left at this point, and my deductible has 1139.84 remaining.  I also have a savings account with Cigna that has 572 in it.

I've only had one appointment so far with my ob/gyn, but at my next appointment they are requiring me to pay the global payment (which includes all dr's visits the duration of pregnancy and that the dr will be at the hospital to attend the birth-it does not include any labwork or ultrasounds and of course the actual hospital bills).  My portion of this global payment is roughly 1054.  This seems very high to me especially considering all that it does not cover and with everything else adding up, I can see my out of pocket for having this baby easily being in the thousands (this is my first baby and I'm starting to freak out about costs now).  

The whole global payment thing is confusing to me also because I am not sure how they will be billing my insurance for everything and if my savings amount can even be used.

I don't know if I should try to find another dr. that doesn't bill this way, or if that would even be better cost wise or not.  Has anyone had any experiences similar to this, or have the same insurance, or know more about the global billing and how it works?  Any advice would be appreciated! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"