January 2012 Moms
Options

Do you take any additional vitamins, besides your prenatal?

I'd like to take some DHA as I know it can be very good for brain and vission development, I may call my doctor tomorrow and ask her to reccomend one.

I'm not sure if I need extra calcium(there's some in my prenatals). I actually really like milk so I've been drinking quite a bit of it.

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
TTC our first miracle since November 2010
BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Do you take any additional vitamins, besides your prenatal?

• Options
    I just take what the doctor prescribes; however, if it's ok by your Dr. then go for it!
  • Options
    I take an extra 400 mg folic acid, and I also take 1 teaspoon a day of high quality fish oil--all approved by my dr..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take Expect Lipil for DHA.
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I take calcium because I don't like the taste of the milk in Singapore. I think I'll probably quit when I return home, and start drinking enough milk on my own.
  • Options
    I have just started taking Fish Oil after reading that DHA is good and my prenatal vitamins don't have any.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I take a prenatal and DHA. There is a pack from Walgreens that comes with a 60 supply of both for $21.99.  I brought it to my first doctors appt, and my doctor said that it was fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I take the prenatal One a Days which is the prenatal vitamin and a dha supplement.
  • Options

I take Rainbow Lite Prenatal One Multivitamin and SmartDHA.  They come together in a prenatal pack, one PNV and one DHA a day.  You can find them at any pharmacy, but you can get them on Amazon for $15 for a 30 day pack.  I also take calcium because I hate milk and I don't eat enough other dairy to amke up for not drinking milk.

• Options

I take:

Progesterone pills

Extra folic acid

Baby aspirin

Prenatal Vitamin

and DHA

The progesterone, extra folic acid, and baby aspirin are all due to my loss history.

BFP #1 4/22/10 MC 5/5/10 (6w4d) EDD 12/25/10
    BFP #2 10/19/10 CP 10/27/10 (4w6d) EDD 6/30/11
    BFP #3 5/10/11 Lucas Abelardo born 12/29/11 at 37w3d
    BFP #4 12/10/12 MMC 1/14/13 (9w3d) D&C 1/15/13 EDD 8/16/13 

BFP #5 8/22/13 Lucia Elizabeth born 4/17/14 at 38w

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I take prentals that have 800mg of folic acid, and they also have DHA in them. So no, nothing besides the prenatals.
  • Options
    My prenatal has folic acid and DHA so I just take that.  I don't drink enough milk though I really need to add in calcium too.
    DD- 7/22/07 DS- 4/22/09 DS #2- 1/11/12
  • Options
    Kflie83Kflie83 member
    Mine are from Costco. They have DHA and Fish oil in them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageztalady18:

I take Rainbow Lite Prenatal One Multivitamin and SmartDHA.  They come together in a prenatal pack, one PNV and one DHA a day.  You can find them at any pharmacy, but you can get them on Amazon for $15 for a 30 day pack. 

This is exactly what I take.

Our sweet little guy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Israel Blog!
  • Options
    In addition to prenatal ....I take Flax Seed.  This has the DHA in it to promote brain and vision development.  It's easy on the tummy too!!   No queasiness after taking it.  It is also plant based rather than fish based so you don't have that fishy taste in your mouth if you happen to burp.  I buy these and my prenatals at Whole Foods.  Hope this helps! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on 6-22-09 M/C #1 07/10 (Chemical Pregnancy) M/C #2 03/11 (Chemical Pregnancy) BFP on 4/26/11 HOPING THIS STICKS!! Started Progesterone 5/6/11 <a href="http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/stephgamerbabe/?action=view
  • Options
    Just an extra 400 mg of Folic Acid... in addition to store-brand Prenatals
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Prenatal multi

Calcium - not enough in my multi & I'm dairy free

Magnesium - not enough in my multi

Fish Oil 

Probiotic - found out i was celiac in Nov and have all sorts of food sensitives this is really helping me heal, good for baby too!

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I take the Prenatal & DHA 2-pack, but the CVS brand (I think it's supposed to be comparable to the One-A-Day version).   Also, mega dose of Vitamin D per my doctor.  I think I should start taking Calcium too because I hate milk but until I do I've been eating tons of cheese.
  • Options
    I've bee taking a prenatal vitamin only. I need to call my RE about something else today anyway, so I may ask if I should be taking anything else.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    additional folic acid, calcium & fish oil
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"