Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Childcare Dallas

Hello all,   I am going to be a new mom next January!  We are so excited!  I have so many thoughts swimming in my mind, and one is when should I start looking for chilcare options?  I have heard horror stories of finding a place and stories about places. Any recommendations in the East Dallas/Lakewood/Lake Highlands area? Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers cjacobie

Re: Childcare Dallas

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member

First, Congrats!!! 

You will need to decide if you want an in home daycare or a daycare facility. 

If you choose an in home I would only look at Tx registered or licensed providers as they need to follow certain guidelines with certifications and child safety. The below website should aid your search.

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/child_care/search_texas_child_care/ppfacilitysearchdaycare.asp    

I'm not sure about the East Dallas/Lakewood area but some area daycares are on a wait list and you will need to provide a deposit to hold your spot.   You have plenty of time but I would call and ask questions 3-4 mo. prior to when your L.O. will be joining the daycare. 

There are pros and cons to each.  The big ones: In home tends to be cheaper but not as flexible with hours, vacation and sick schedules.  What do you do if the provider is ill? Do you have back up?  Facilities are more expensive, but have longer hours, substitute teachers and many now have web cams.

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm no help with childcare but I did want to say congrats.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Where do you live in East Dallas? - there are several around here.  We are in Lake Highlands and used Lake Highlands Presbyterian for about a year when my DD was a baby.  We had a good experience there.  Here is the website...

https://www.lhpres.org/childcare.htm

• Options

We live on the M streets and my daughter is 3 months.  I started looking when I was 6 months pregnant and didn't get into any of the daycares.  There is a huge shortage of daycares in this area.  I highly suggest looking right away and putting your name on the wait list.  The wait list are sometimes over a year, which is insane to me because you basically have to put your name on the list before you are even pregnant.  Good luck on your search!  It was very frustrating to me, but I have a list of daycares that I toured and narrowed down.  I don't work, but plan to go back to work in a couple of months and I'm looking into hiring a nanny due to the shortage of daycares. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"