April 2011 Moms
Options

rock n' play sleeper

Just wondering if anyone has used this and any thoughts/opinions on it.  My son is 3 weeks old and hates being put down to sleep.  I thought this may be worth purchasing since he would be more snug then just in a bassinet.  Sidenote he doesnt like his arms in a swaddle but loves to be held when sleeping,  Thanks!!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: rock n' play sleeper

• Options
    My 2 week old sleeps in this next to our bed instead of a bassinet or pack and play.  We love it, but worry that she may get used to sleeping at an incline instead of flat so we make sure her naps are in the pack and play.  I enjoy being able to just rock her if she gets a bit fussy at night and she goes right back to sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My 2 week old also loves it. He's not lying flat so he can kinda see whats going on around him. He naps in it right next to the couch and then sleeps in it in our bedroom when we go to bed.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD takes all her naps and sleeps at night in it. And she sleeps great. I lay her down eyes wide open, and she falls asleep by herself every time. In fact, she was SO awake after her 5am feeding that I didn't think she would fall back to sleep, so I laid her in bed next to me. She got mad, so I put her back in the RnP and she was out. She fusses in the cosleeper. And she does a good 5-6 hour stretch overnight. Followed by a 3-4 hour.

I'm a little worried about her getting too used to it. But I've decided to stop stressing and I'll worry about the crib transition in a little bit. 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options
    LOVE IT! It's definitely on my must-have list.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    We really couldn't do without the RnP.  As an added bonus, it helps LO sleep when we're aay from home and it's even easier to bring along than the PnP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my neighbor let me borrow hers to see if DS would sleep better...we ended up going to target the next day to buy one...LOVE IT
  • Options
    We love the RnP. We use it ALOT more than any other baby item. It's tall enough so our dogs don't bother him or can't get to him like they can in the bouncy seat. LO doesn't sleep in it at night but he sleeps most of the time in it during the day. I drag it all over the house so he is always with me and can look around while awake. Worth every penny for us.
    BFP#1: 4.20.10 M/C 4.30.10 @ 4w5d BFP#2: 7.22.10 EDD: 4.3.11~Evan Daniel born 3.29.11 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another fan!! DS takes his naps in it, and it's really so convenient to move around if you need to. Get one!
  • Options
    MrsLCHMrsLCH member

We have one and love it.  DS won't sleep more than 10 minutes if he's flat on his back.  He sleeps in the RnP for 6-7 hours at night and 1-2 hour naps during the day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mmksmmks member

Our little Lucas (2 weeks old) is napping in his RnP as I type this!  For some reason I wasn't sure we would use it, so I hadn't assembled it before he was born.  Putting it together was the first thing my DH did when we came home from the hospital after unloading our car! 

Lucas naps in it out in our living room during the day and has lots of alert time in it too.  We like it b/c we can see him and he can see out of it.  He sleeps in his cradle next to our bed at night, so he is getting used to being flat on his back to sleep as well.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I went out to Target today and bought it.  Today I tried it out for a nap and it worked perfectly, I was even able to do laundry!!  I have a feeling this is a lifesaver, thanks for the input!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"