June 2011 Moms
Options

Feeling Hiccups on my Side??

Okay, so my LO has been quite obviously head down, confirmed with heartbeat location, hiccups way down low, etc. Today I woke up from my nap and felt hiccups on my right side. Not high up or anything, but kind of below my belly button and clearly on the right side. Could he still be head down and just turned different? Clearly I don't want him to do some sort of wonky move this late in the game. Any thoughts???

Re: Feeling Hiccups on my Side??

• Options

I feel them to the left side. She is facing to the right. Her body is laying on my left side and her feet are on the right so I get hiccups and butt pushes over there and then the feet and knee jabs on the right..

oh and low hicccups would mean head down..

• Options
    My LO stays head down, and I often feel hiccups on my side when I'm laying down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel hiccups in my rib cage, or the middle of my abdomen, and (mostly) in my pelvis region. I think it has to do with how the vibration travels through the uterus/LO's body. It sounds odd, but it happens. I know for sure that my LO is head down. I can feel her head down that low -- same way the OB checks it. And she kicks me in the ribs :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My LO is already engaged in my pelvis, so I know he's not flipped, but I feel his hiccups higher up if he's got a body part pushing a little more firmly than usual.

Some days, the hiccups can ONLY be felt in my hips. This morning, he had his butt pressed out just a bit further than normal, so my whole stomach moved with each hiccup, and drove his little feet into my ribs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Options
    My LO is head down and I always feel hiccups on my right side.  I even video taped it for his video journal yesterday.
  • Options

I usually feel the hiccups up under my ribs and you can see my stomach move with each one. I have had no indication that baby was head down, so I was confident LO was breach. My doctor asked me if I would bet him on it, so I did. Lets just say I owe him Starbucks on Monday :) LO is head down and super low :)

He said where you feel hiccups is really no indication of position.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"