March 2011 Moms
Options

Gift for 2nd time mom- 2nd ds

My friend's mom is hosting a small surprise shower for her tomorrow. She's having her 2nd boy and has a lot of stuff from the first one.  She does have a registry but it just has stuff like diapers and nipple cream, lol.. I ordered a homedics sleep machine for her but that's not enough (and it's not coming until next week).  I can always get clothes, but I know that she still has clothes from ds1.

Oh and I know that a lot of people find 2nd showers tacky. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want or expect one, but her mom just wanted to do something nice for her. She's one of my best friends so I don't mind.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gift for 2nd time mom- 2nd ds

• Options

Maybe something for mom- a prenatal massage gift certificate, mani/pedi, etc.  Something nice for her before adding another LO to the mix?

Otherwise I'd just do diapers or nipple cream.  It is what she registered for and will most likely use.

• Options
    imagecapinjen152:

Maybe something for mom- a prenatal massage gift certificate, mani/pedi, etc.  Something nice for her before adding another LO to the mix?

Otherwise I'd just do diapers or nipple cream.  It is what she registered for and will most likely use.

I agree... this is a great idea.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eturpeturp member
    I third the something nice for the mom, sounds like she has the baby gear well covered and who doesn't want a little pampering?! Big Smile
  • Options
    Idk what your budget is or if she already has one or not, but all of my friends who have a child currently, say that next time they want to buy the Fisher Price Rock and Play after they've seen mine. I'm pretty sure they're fairly new (within the last year or 2) so maybe that's an option?
    Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just had DD #2 and the best gifts we received were diapers.  We didn't have a shower or anything, but people would visit and bring gifts.

Diapers were very helpful, especially since we now have 2 in them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would do a diaper cake. Diapers are the most needed/useful thing, and on her registry- but taking the time to make the diapers into a diaper cake makes it special.

• Options
    Pecas13Pecas13 member

What about something special for her DS2?  A piggy bank, book ends, etc?  You can also do gift cards.  Is this DS being born at the same time of year?  My boys are born in separate seasons and a lot of the clothes from ds1 doesn't fit.  Luckily I have a nephew born around the same time, so we were covered.

Does she have a good baby carrier?  She'll need one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"