Success after IF
Options

P4/estrogen doses for FET

It dawned on me last night, when I mentioned we've done1ml  PIO, endometrium 3x a day, and oral prometrium 3x a day + 2mg estrace 3x a day.... that's a LOT of support. Yeh, I've had p4 issues in the past, but that was during clomid/injectible cycles. (Heck, even Ava was unmedicated, p4 was 16 jsut after bfp. I didn't spot with her.)

I have noticed a sensitivity to one or both of these meds, either going on or off them seems to flare me up.

So I'm going to push Dr. Sassy to cut those doses in half, and just monitor me with blood tests more often, in the early BFP stage.

Thoughts? What were/are YOUR DOSES? (for FET and/or fresh IVF)

Thx.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence

Re: P4/estrogen doses for FET

• Options
    FET:  1cc of PIO 2x a day (2cc total) and 3 estrace a day (2 orally and 1 vaginally) is what I was on when it finally "worked."

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am on 1ml PIO twice per day, and 2 oral estrace (each tab is 2mg, I think?) twice per day.
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For both my FET, we did 1ml of PIO, 8 mg of Estridiol, and two capsules of Prometrium (sorry, I can't remember the dose.)  It's the same dosage that I took when I got pregnant with Aaron, but didn't work for the 2 FET's.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    naflmjnaflmj member
    I did a Vivelle patch every 3 days and 2 estradiol pills/day plus crinone in the am and pm. 
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    CBLCBL member
    I can't remember doses, but given how your body reacts, what are your/dr Sassy's thoughts on a natural FET.  I know they are more involved in terms of monitoring LH and sometimes collecting pee - lol - but wondering if it might help keep your body calm.
  • Options
    For both FETs (neither worked but innever had p4 issues) I was on 4 Vivelle patches every other day and 2 cc's of PIO.
    Wife for 6 years. Mommy to Reese, 3, after IVF. IUI #1 5/07 = BFN. IVF #1 7/07 = BFP (Reese :-)) FET #1 7/10 = BFN. FET #2 4/11 = BFN. IUI #2 9/11 = BFN. IUI #3 (with donor sperm) 11/11 = BFN. IVF with DE 5/12 = BFP! Beta #1 = 222. Beta #2 = 613. First u/s 6/9 due to bleeding and cramping = saw one beautiful baby! EED 2/3/13 M/C on 6/12/12 at 6 weeks. At a crossroads with our next steps... Read about my journey at: www.clayandjobeth.blogspot.com
  • Options

imageCBL:
    I can't remember doses, but given how your body reacts, what are your/dr Sassy's thoughts on a natural FET.  I know they are more involved in terms of monitoring LH and sometimes collecting pee - lol - but wondering if it might help keep your body calm.

I asked him to let me do that this FET. He declined, sighting "ain't broke, don't fix it" (i.e. our last FET "worked" to 12 weeks) and also that it's a PITA and would stress me out. (the extra monitoring, etc) I think he just doesn't like to stray from what he knows, works, in some cases. I also don't have a strong ovulation on my own, so lining up the planets could be tricky or fail.

It looks like I'm a bit overkill on the p4.... not sure how the patches compare to the estrace, I'll have to dig up some numbers on that.

thanks girls.

ps - Hives? I still haz them ;-(

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

Ok- let me try and remember.

IVF#1- PIO 1cc/day until after heartbeat.  Then Endometrin 3x/day

FET#1-PIO 1cc/day until 1st ultrasound.  Then Endometrin 2x/day (because there was really no chance of it being viable)

FET #2- Endometrin 3x/day

IVF #2-Endometrin 3x/day until heartbeat.  Then 2x/day until today (10 weeks). 

Oh you want estridiol too?  I can't remember IVF #1 (I know I took it orally).  FET #1 was twice a day vaginally 2mg (and I think FET #2 was the same).  This IVF I was on 2mg orally 2/day until 8 weeks and then it dropped down to 1x/ day until today. 

• Options

For both IVFs, 3 mg Estrace 2xday (1 mg pills) and Crinone gel 8% only in the morning.

Sorry about the hives.. that sux. 

imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've been doing 2mg of estradiol 3x/day and starting about 5 days before transfer I do 2 crinone per day. So far though... e2 and p4 stats haven't been mind blowing with that protocol. The RE seems satisfied though. Tongue Tied

• Options

Successful FET - 2 mls of P4 daily, and Delestrogen 2X weekly (can't remember the dose! I think 1 ml?).

DS #1 born 11/23/06 - our IVF miracle! Missing our sweet baby who was spontaneously conceived. 20 week loss on 6/24/10. DS #2 born 10/22/11 at 38w1d after FET #1. Life is GOOD!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"