Detroit Babies
Options

Kbaby or Sheila?

I think one of you got your Rhogam shot covered by insurance after fighting with them...I know all insurances are different but can you tell me how you got them to cover it? 
Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kbaby or Sheila?

• Options

**Butting In**

My insurance said they would cover it IF I got it filled at one of their approve pharmacies.  I would call your insurance and see which pharmacy is approved by them to fill it - they should cover it then.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageTarah716:

**Butting In**

My insurance said they would cover it IF I got it filled at one of their approve pharmacies.  I would call your insurance and see which pharmacy is approved by them to fill it - they should cover it then.

Oh thanks!  I'll try that :)

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I fought with the insurance and then gave up. They said since we bought it at a pharmacy that implied we were going to inject it ourselves or something...so it wasn't covered. I didn't exactly understand their reasoning. The regular insurance said the prescription insurance should cover it and vice versa. When I talked to our OB's office about it they said that had they known that would have happened they could have ordered it themselves. I guess some insurance companies cover it if the doctors office orders it and others require you go pick it up yourself.

Sheila may have had better luck with it, I don't remember. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    According to my doc this is what you have to do: First take the prescription to the pharmacy, if the insurance won't cover it at the pharmacy the doc office will pull out of their stock of the shot to give it to you.  The insurance will cover it from the office.  My OB gave me the script, I was lucky enough that my insurance (BCN) covered it at the pharmacy.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"