Pittsburgh Babies

43 too old to get pregnant?

Was just wondering if anyone on this board had children later in life. It's my second marriage and just say he kinda changed his mind on kids and well THAT did not sit well with me. So many of our friends are trying or just had babies(few years younger then me)and I've been an emotional wreck crying all the time and being really nasty at times. I've always thought I would have like 3. Anyway M finally said ok BUT now it's dealing with fertility crap. I don't know if this is too personal on here but the cost of what needs to be done is like $20,000. HOW do you justify that if it does not work? (invitro) Anyone go through with this? I apologize if you ladies don't discuss this. Thanks

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: 43 too old to get pregnant?

• dicer2dicer2 member
    Becky - I sent you a PM!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I realize this was posted almost a month ago but I am hoping you see this. This was the first time I have checked this board.  I usually post on the Trouble Trying to Conceive board.  You should look at that board because there are a lot of women on that board that are in the same boat as you.  I know I may be younger, but the financial burden is huge! DH and I just started our first IUI cycle and dished out about 2,100 bucks for it and we are just getting started! We will probably do a few IUI cycles and then move onto IVF.  If we get that far (and I hope we dont), we will have to borrow the money for IVF.  I guess, you just have to weight your options and everybody is different.  For me, if I didnt do all of this, I would regret it for the rest of my life.  Even if it doesn't work, at least I know I tried and did everything in my power. 

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"