Postpartum Depression
Options

any warning signs while pregnant?

I'm very scared of getting PPD.  I'm in the 3tri and feeling like a giant cow with all the swelling. My SO doesn't seem to understand that I like spending time with him when we aren't working. He's a very selfish person and likes to do what he wants when he wants.  I'm always upset and he even makes remarks like "wish you would smile more" and just makes me feel even worse. I sit and think why would he want to be around me when I'm not happy and huge (compared to pre-pregnancy). And when we found out...he stated we would get married about a year after she was born. Well, as time has passed....he won't even mention the M word or talk about any 'future'. Its hard to be positive when everything is so unstable.  I can't seem to get excited about her arrival. I'm excited to not be pregnant...but not really about her. I'm scared this won't go away or get worse after.  I wonder if the 'unstable' feeling makes it harder to avoid PPD? Anyone with PPD recognize any signs while carrying?

Re: any warning signs while pregnant?

• Options

I can't answer this but I share your concern. Thrice during the pregnancy I have felt feelings of desolation so bad that I wished I didn't have to live. It has never crossed the line to actually wanting to hurt myself BUT it is a horrible feeling to have nonetheless.  I've never felt this way before so my therapist, my family and I all agree it is likely hormonal.  I am scared that the postpartum period could be even worse with the hormonal fluctuation. 

The one thing I take comfort in is that at that point I could take medication if needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"