3rd Trimester
Options

Mistaking bowel movement pain with contractions???

Hi Ladies,

This may be TMI, but I'm really wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Last night I woke up from a pretty sound sleep to what felt like really intense lower back pain that seemed to move forward to my lower pelvic region. I just finished taking a birthing class, so I know labor contractions tend to start in the lower back and move forward, so this freaked me out. I was lying on my side and I moved my leg to get out of bed and the pain in my lower pelvic area felt like a really bad cramp. I was able to get up and go pee, and I sat on the toilet for a little while thinking maybe I had to poop, but nothing came out. I had a little bit of gas, but nothing unusual.

Anyway, long story short, the pain went away and I went back to sleep, then this morning a had a really large bowel movement. I know, it's gross, but could this pain have been the baby resting part of his body on my intestines or something? I've never had pain like that before..not even any BH contractions yet that I know of. Anyone else have something like this going on?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mistaking bowel movement pain with contractions???

• Options
    I definitely have experienced this and I think most of it is related to BM pain. I started having some period like cramps about 2 hours ago- but I hadn't drank anything. So I had a glass of water and a banana and I feel great now
  • Options
    Yes. I've mistaken the two before. It could also be pain from constipation. I've also had like a sharp pain only to realize I just had to pooz
    Jenny BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KimpyjKimpyj member
    That makes me feel better. I also hadn't had much water to drink yesterday, so the large dinner I had mixed with lack of proper hydration may have had something to do with it. I feel much better now. Thanks!
  • Options

thank God I am not the only one! This past weekend I was having horrible pain, couldn't crap, finally did and now feel 100% better! We won't talk about the trip to the hospital where I was sent home in shame......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Yes I am going to say that I have confused the need to poo as labor pains.  More so because I was at my OB appointment a couple of weeks ago when it happened.  The nurses kept pushing the idea that it was labor pain and here I was just really constipated.

In my case the pain went away after I passed some gas.  I took a laxative when I got home and had a huge poo.  (The nurses wouldnt let me anywhere near a restroom because they really insisted it was labor pains...)

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yes I was so nervous a few days ago I was having such sharp pains, I had to hunch over and sit down. I tried to go the bathroom and nothing came out. I came down and drank some water and laid down and they didn't go away. An hour later, I went to the bathroom and it felt so good (LOL) the pains went away. I asked my doctor the next day and she said it could be the way LO was positioned and my bowels were making their way thru and LO was not being cooperative:)

Lol

• Options

imagebigheyes:
    Yes. I've mistaken the two before. It could also be pain from constipation. I've also had like a sharp pain only to realize I just had to pooz

this lol.

although i have to say, when i was in labor with ds, i was in total denial and thought it was just the worst poo pain of my life.  at least i pooped right before we went to the hospital so that was one less thing i had to worry about during delivery lol.

dh came in and was like um..i think you're in labor and i was all, no it's just a horrible poo.... guess it was a combo of both lol.  but i was also 39 weeks pg so that's a bit different than 28 weeks!

• Options
    Its what labor is going to feel like so it makes sense that one could be mistaken for the other. When it comes time to push, do it like you're on the toilet. I pushed for almost an hour until I got it right and what a difference it makes.
  • Options
    I have gotten so used to the BM pain that I was shocked at my apt yesterday when the doc told me it was contractions and my lil guy wont be comming out late. Lol the nurse was laughing when I said I had just assumed BM or gas. Now I question each one lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 252195_227135343980097_100000508999307_963905_6629425_n
  • Options

imageMrssjb:
    I have gotten so used to the BM pain that I was shocked at my apt yesterday when the doc told me it was contractions and my lil guy wont be comming out late. Lol the nurse was laughing when I said I had just assumed BM or gas. Now I question each one lol

I've been having so many BM's this week I'll probably miss the boat too. I don't even consider it to be anything other than BM pain. It was "easy" with DS, my water broke so I knew it was time. I'll probably be one of those delivering on the toilet :)

• Options
    Yes, I went to L&D twice before figuring out that my constipation was giving me BH contractions frequently, and I would have large bowel movements and they would go away. I am on Miralax the rest of my pregnancy, and it is helping a ton.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"