Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Can we do an UO Thursday?

Re: Can we do an UO Thursday?

• Options
    bwe1100bwe1100 member
    imagegigismomma:

I think UGGs are hideous...Ick!

i'll see your Uggs and raise you some Crocs.
    Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • Options
    imageCholzmei:

imageSheenaNash1:
    I believe in ghosts. But not God. Go figure.

Sheena, me too!

Yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think NotGabber is a tool and I give a side eye to all the newbs who kiss her arse.
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm super annoyed with myself because I had a really good one on Monday and now I can't remember what it was.  This is going to bug me all day lol.

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    I hate when people bring their dogs to the mall.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagegigismomma:

Yay!!!?

TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBetsy Star:
    I hate when people bring their dogs to the mall.

OMG this.  WHEN did this become okay??  Last week I saw a labrador in Bed Bath and Beyond, and like 3 dogs in Nordstrom's.  WTF??

I'm a big pet person too.  I've had pets all my life.  But they do not belong in stores like this.

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    I also think just because you are getting married or having a baby doesn't mean you can register for the most expensive outlandish crap that you can find at one store. To me that looks more gift grabby because it's stuff that the person would totally never buy for themselves...so why should I buy something totally unreasonable? If you want something super expensive....save and then buy it. Don't act all innocent because your getting married or having a baby.
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hahaha, I agree with almost every UO on here so far.

Basketball No

Stilettos No

Hair extensions No

Oprah No

I think elective plastic surgery is dumb. Why would you have surgery for fun? I just don't get it. This includes botox and injections and whatever else. Those women on the Housewives of OC don't even look like themselves anymore.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebtaylor19:

Basketball is the absolute worst sport to watch. 

And golf.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think anyone that wears pads is super gross.... Wearing one of those things for .2 seconds is nasty.

ETA:only exception is if you doctor has advised you to wear them.

• Options
    imagepennyandandy:

Basketball No

Stilettos No

Hair extensions No

Oprah No

I think elective plastic surgery is dumb. Why would you have surgery for fun? I just don't get it. This includes botox and injections and whatever else. Those women on the Housewives of OC don't even look like themselves anymore.

Yes They all look sort of manly! Surprise

I will elect to have lipo and a boob job when our family is complete though! Wink

My Little
  • Options
    I hate LOLcatspeak. 
  • Options
    imagemchupie:

I think Cheri22 is a crook and I wish everyone would stop paying her.

::ducks::

Pay me instead!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I HATE Donald Trump and  I would NEVER vote for him to be our president!
  • Options
    imagepennyandandy:

Basketball No

Stilettos No

Hair extensions No

Oprah No

Can't hold it in on this one, sorry! Just because someone elects to have plastic surgery it doesn't mean they are doing it "for fun". Yes, I agree about the housewives on those stupid shows, thats crazy and overboard. So if you are just talking about them, then ignore the rant lol. BUT, I myself had plastic surgery, and yes it was my choice. However, I would never say that I did it for fun. I did it because I didn't feel like I was comfortable in my own skin. I did it because I wanted to feel as beautiful on the outside as on the inside.  Maybe that makes me shallow, but having the surgery was not an easy choice, it was not a fun time, it hurt, but it was worth it. I would never regret doing it.

End rant. :) (Yes, I'm PMsing today so forgive me a bit lol)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mchupiemchupie member
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagemchupie:

Pay me instead!

Yes

Ahhh she is going to come anytime now!

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    mchupiemchupie member
    imageshakatcon10:
    I HATE Donald Trump and  I would NEVER vote for him to be our president!

Hahaha I don't think that is an unpopular opinion.  I definitely agree Smile
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options

imageMissMusic:
    Bottled water is the biggest scam that marketers have ever invented.  I get so mad when I see people buying cases of water and if I'm having a bad day, I actually have to restrain myself from telling them how I feel about ruining our environment AND wasting money at the same time.

You've obviously never lived where the water is unbearable to drink then.

• Options
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:
    imagemchupie:

Yes

This is up there with POM and pineapple core for me when it comes to TTC mythbusters. 

Yes

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    imageSheenaNash1:
    imagepennyandandy:

Can't hold it in on this one, sorry! Just because someone elects to have plastic surgery it doesn't mean they are doing it "for fun". Yes, I agree about the housewives on those stupid shows, thats crazy and overboard. So if you are just talking about them, then ignore the rant lol. BUT, I myself had plastic surgery, and yes it was my choice. However, I would never say that I did it for fun. I did it because I didn't feel like I was comfortable in my own skin. I did it because I wanted to feel as beautiful on the outside as on the inside.  Maybe that makes me shallow, but having the surgery was not an easy choice, it was not a fun time, it hurt, but it was worth it. I would never regret doing it.

have to agree with you there.  being 63 inches tall and having a 46 in chest was far from fun and the 8 hours i spent in surgery and the 2 weeks recovery after was literally the worst physical pain i've ever been in (havent given birth yet tho).  it was not fun.  it was not for vanity.  i hurt.  all day, every day. before my surgery  i simply couldn't stand it anymore.  my back still has curvature from teh years of all that weight on front...

• Options
    imagebwe1100:
    imagegigismomma:

i'll see your Uggs and raise you some Crocs.

Oh yes. I hate Crocs. My SIL swears by them and buys tons of pairs for her kids. Mine will never wear them!

• Options
    imageSheenaNash1:
    imagepennyandandy:

Basketball No

Stilettos No

Hair extensions No

Oprah No

I just typed out a whole response and TB ate it Sad

I was referring mostly to women who have entirely new faces or who are made more of plastic parts than skin. (I wish I could find a pic of Cloris Leachman on Raising Hope the other night!) And I'm sure that the surgery itself is not fun.

I don't think it makes you shallow, but it makes me sad that we live in the kind of world where there are ideals set for people that are impossible. And it makes me sad that people need to change themselves to be happy. I just wish we lived in a world where that wasn't true. And I hope that that came out sound right, because I really do like you from what I know so far!

• Options

imageTheAnne:
    I will never agree that it is ok for your mother/sister/aunt etc to throw you a shower.  I will also never approve of a baby shower for a second baby.

Can you elaborate on why?

• Options
    I hate when people "check-in" on facebook. No one cares where you are.

TTC Journey:
    Me: Dx stage I endometriosis DH: minimal MFI - 3% morph
    IUI #1 - cycle converted to IVF #1 due overproduction of follies.
    BFP - m/c :(
    IVF #2 (finally) - Lupron + FSH + Ovidrel + Crinone = 10 eggs retrieved, Two grade A embryos transferred, 3 frosties!
    BFP - Beta #1 39.4 Beta #2 22 = c/p :(
    FET #1
  • Options
    imagetrebmal:
    imageSheenaNash1:
    imagepennyandandy:

have to agree with you there.  being 63 inches tall and having a 46 in chest was far from fun and the 8 hours i spent in surgery and the 2 weeks recovery after was literally the worst physical pain i've ever been in (havent given birth yet tho).  it was not fun.  it was not for vanity.  i hurt.  all day, every day. before my surgery  i simply couldn't stand it anymore.  my back still has curvature from teh years of all that weight on front...

I guess I see this more as a need than a want. I am large chested, and I also suffer from back pain, etc. That, to me is more medical than elective. Deviated septums, etc., I get the need for surgery with these things. I am talking about getting butt implants for the heck of it, or face lifts or nose jobs or injections just to look different.

• Options
    imagemissycrissy3:

I think anyone that wears pads is super gross.... Wearing one of those things for .2 seconds is nasty.

ETA:only exception is if you doctor has advised you to wear them.

Yes

Last month I decided I was going to do pads instead of tampons because of some sort of horse rubbish I read on the internet about tampons hurting TTC b/c it "traps" old blood up there. (seriously, where do I find this stuff??) About 5 minutes into the pad-wearing, I got fed up with it and went back to tampons. I felt like I was wearing a diaper!!

• Options
    imageSheenaNash1:

imageTheAnne:
    I will never agree that it is ok for your mother/sister/aunt etc to throw you a shower.  I will also never approve of a baby shower for a second baby.

I'm curious too...???

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My unpopular opinion is that I think you look stupid if you pose for pictures with your hand on your hip. I get it...you don't want your arm to look fat, but please find a better angle/pose to accomplish that!
  • Options
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:
    imagemchupie:

Yes

This is up there with POM and pineapple core for me when it comes to TTC mythbusters. 

I HATE it when people ask about that. I have yet to see any real scientific date that supports that.

• Options

imagemoosegal:
    My unpopular opinion is that I think you look stupid if you pose for pictures with your hand on your hip. I get it...you don't want your arm to look fat, but please find a better angle/pose to accomplish that!

Yes

Additionally, I HATE famous people who pose with their backs facing the camera, especially when standing next to their husband (ahem...Fergie-Ferg)...it looks so ridiculous!  I really don't care to see your back, is the front part of your body really that grotesque?? 

• Options
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:
    imagemchupie:

Yes

Don't forget green tea.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagepennyandandy:
    imageSheenaNash1:
    imagepennyandandy:

Basketball No

Stilettos No

Hair extensions No

Oprah No

I just typed out a whole response and TB ate it Sad

I was referring mostly to women who have entirely new faces or who are made more of plastic parts than skin. (I wish I could find a pic of Cloris Leachman on Raising Hope the other night!) And I'm sure that the surgery itself is not fun.

I don't think it makes you shallow, but it makes me sad that we live in the kind of world where there are ideals set for people that are impossible. And it makes me sad that people need to change themselves to be happy. I just wish we lived in a world where that wasn't true. And I hope that that came out sound right, because I really do like you from what I know so far!

Yes, I agree about the Heidi Montag's of the world who have 10 procedures at once and all of that. I get that 100%. And I too wish that we lived in a world where looks didn't matter. But I don't see that happening any time soon unfortuantely.

My procedure was totally elective, I had a nose job and lipo. I hated my nose and asked my mom for a nose job from the time I was 12 years old. The lipo was a bonus that I gave to myself for working my booty off and losing 65 lbs. I figured if I worked that hard to lose all that weight I derseved to get some extra sucked out! :)

To each their own on this one. But heck, if after I have kids and I have the money you bet your a$$ that I will go under the knife again to get my boobs lifted! :)

• Options

I despise most reality TV.

I will not ever watch The Bachelor, Real Housewives of Anywhere, Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, and so on.

*hides* 

TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
  • Options
    imageMissMusic:
    imagepinkflipflops44:

imageMissMusic:
    Bottled water is the biggest scam that marketers have ever invented.  I get so mad when I see people buying cases of water and if I'm having a bad day, I actually have to restrain myself from telling them how I feel about ruining our environment AND wasting money at the same time.

You've obviously never lived where the water is unbearable to drink then.

No, but I'm sure there are filters, and I have lived in areas where the water iis 100% OK and still see people leaving CostCo with 5 cases...it makes me cringe.

...this is the "unpopular opinion" thread, right?

Even with a filter my parents water is horrid.  And it is the unpopular opinion thread, I didn't see the memo where you weren't allowed to respond to others opinions? Silly me.

• Options
    imageRequiresExalted:

I despise most reality TV.

I will not ever watch The Bachelor, Real Housewives of Anywhere, Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, and so on.

*hides* 

Awww lol I totally get why, but man, they are sooo fun to watch! Big Smile I guess I just like to see other people act stupid so that I feel better about myself lol.

• Options
    ccamccam member

imagesheveen2009:
    I have never watched American Idol, and I don't ever intend to.

I literally was going to write about the same thing... I'll never understand!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    imagemchupie:

This Yes

::hides behind mchup::

TTC #1 Since December 2009
    BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
    BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
    !
    BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
    BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Options
    imageTheAnne:
    imagegigismomma:
    imageSheenaNash1:

imageTheAnne:

I'm curious too...???

It is bad etiquette to have a party and dictate that the guest bring you gifts.  Your family is considered an extension of you, therefor it is like soliciting gifts.  I know this is old fashioned etiquette that is not always followed anymore.  Still bugs the crap out of me.  

So you are saying a shower/party in general is bad etiquette...I guess so are birthday parties for children, bridal showers, etc. etc. Where I am from, gifts are optional, but I for one am thrilled beyond belief when I get to shower friends and family with gifts for any occasion that deserves to be celebrated.

Oooh, and triple whammy, all three of my sisters plus one friend hosted my baby shower. My sisters hosted my all girls bridal shower. My sisters will likely hold a family only (them and my mom) baby shower for baby #2 when and if I am blessed. (I also co-hosted their bridal and baby showers). Surprise Mercy me!!!

My Little
  • Options
    imageMySweetBaboo:
    imageTheAnne:
    imagegigismomma:
    imageSheenaNash1:

imageTheAnne:

I'm curious too...???

It is bad etiquette to have a party and dictate that the guest bring you gifts.  Your family is considered an extension of you, therefor it is like soliciting gifts.  I know this is old fashioned etiquette that is not always followed anymore.  Still bugs the crap out of me.  

So you are saying a shower/party in general is bad etiquette...I guess so are birthday parties for children, bridal showers, etc. etc. Where I am from, gifts are optional, but I for one am thrilled beyond belief when I get to shower friends and family with gifts for any occasion that deserves to be celebrated.

Oooh, and triple whammy, all three of my sisters plus one friend hosted my baby shower. My sisters hosted my all girls bridal shower. My sisters will likely hold a family only (them and my mom) baby shower for baby #2 when and if I am blessed. (I also co-hosted their bridal and baby showers). Surprise Mercy me!!!

I would say that for a "party" gifts are optional, but for a shower, the point is to bring gifts ('shower' the bride or mother-to-be with gifts) which is why there is usually a registry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"