1st Trimester
Options

Stomach Twitching

Hey I have been very observant the past couple of days since I found out on Mother's Day that we are expecting our first child this January..  I am only about 5 weeks pregnant and feel twitching in my stomach throughout the day.. is that a normal feeling?? I do not feel cramp like symptoms and just wondering if normal...
Anniversary

Re: Stomach Twitching

• Options
    Not exactly sure what you mean by "twitching" but I am also 5 weeks (and one day) pregnant.... I feel weird stuff in my sides though. Sometimes I get a cramp like I just ran... You know like a stitch-in-the-side.... I'm worried that might not be normal so I'm glad to hear someone else feels weird stuff ! lol i have slight on and off cramping ... not painful though. Kind of feels like AF is coming but it disappears after a few minutes. For the first time today there was a tightness in my chest when I would get up and walk around... but it subsided as the day went on. I think it was just from my bbs getting more sore (but the tightness was just behind my sternum) weird. I'm due January 10th... when are you due? 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary imageimage
  • Options
    Its all feelings of your uterus getting ready to carry a baby inside it for 9 months.  Just today  my "cramping" started to lighten up for me. It was pretty bad before this.  As long as there's no bleeding with the cramping its totally normal!  Congratulations!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't go to the doctor yet but I estimated it to be January 15 - 18.. and I feel like a twitching feeling in my abdomen to the left of my belly button.. It is not painful but like almost a fluttering feeling I guess.. hard to explain.. I dont know if I'm just super paranoid or not about everything 

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks that makes me feel much better.. I was going to ask the doctor all these questions next week at my 6 week appointment.. This is just my first and very nervous with these changes.. because no cramps just weird twitching feelings
    Anniversary

• Options

I just had my doctors appt yesterday and she happens to be extremely funny. I love her. I told her how paranoid I am and asked a billion different questions about whats normal and whats not.... She told me: 

"If your 3rd eyelash on your left eye moves....  you'll know it. Simply because you're pregnant." 

That made me laugh. She just explains that everything is intensified when you're pregnant. Plus I think it's part of a female human's instincts to be concerned about everything because we have a little one inside.

I get really nervous because I keep reading tons of posts about miscarriages and what not. But I'm trying to stay as positive as I can and not stress.  

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary imageimage
  • Options
    Mine does it all the time...its probably just gas or food digesting. Sometimes it does it when I'm really hungry : )
  • Options
    I also have been having light abdominal cramps, similar to mild AF cramps since I was 4w pregnant.... They were happening frequently throughout the day, but today only happened twice. Many people have reassured me that it's normal, but of course, I am still paranoid.
  • Options
    I had that same issue around 6-7 weeks and it stayed for like over a week.  At the time I didn't know I was pregnant, so I started googling "twitching in stomach" and it didn't really come up with anything.  Anyways I mentioned it to my doctor when they took a blood test to confirm my pregnancy and the nurses just looked at me like a weirdo.  I think it was either nerves or maybe the heartbeat?
  • Options

could it be gas bubbles?  i have theeee worst gas this time around (TMI) and you can see my stomach move or bounce lol

i did get twitching with my first pregnancy which was baby hiccups  but at 5 weeks thats impossible.

• Options
    JKB1986JKB1986 member

imageashleylach:
    I had that same issue around 6-7 weeks and it stayed for like over a week.  At the time I didn't know I was pregnant, so I started googling "twitching in stomach" and it didn't really come up with anything.  Anyways I mentioned it to my doctor when they took a blood test to confirm my pregnancy and the nurses just looked at me like a weirdo.  I think it was either nerves or maybe the heartbeat?

Do you mean the baby's heart beat or your heart beat?  If you mean the baby's it is WAY to early to feel any movement from the baby and you wouldn't feel the baby's heart beat at any point.

OP I agree with PP it's probably either gas or digestion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"