March 2011 Moms
Options

? for BF moms

how long after the birth of your LO did you actually start AF? I had 4 wks of PP bleeding, but Im unsure if part of that wasnt AF, or if I have an actual start that is coming or something. 

I never BF my other kids, so Im not sure. And it all just kinda makes me paranoid (Im one of those 1.1% that has gotten pregnant on BC and its happened 3 times with all different types, so I tend to be a tad paranoid lol). But Im mostly just wondering when AF will come.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11

Re: ? for BF moms

• Options
    It really depends on the person. Some people get it back right on schedule. Others don't get it until they stop breastfeeding and still others get it at some random time. I would suggest doubling up on BC until you get a regular cycle going.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had about 4 weeks of PP bleeding and no AF yet. Since you're BF (and especially if EBF) I would guess that the bleeding you had was probably PP, not AF. Have you had your 6wk appt yet? If not, I would plan to discuss BC with your dr.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nici84nici84 member
    Yea I have my PP on Friday. I plan on talking to him about BC, and what not then. Im not EBF, bc we had a rough time with my LO latching, and actually getting my supply to come in at first. So it was rough in the start. Im just clueless on this stuff I think lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11
  • Options
    chicsubchicsub member
    I got mine back at 7 months pp, but it varies a lot from person to person of course.  I wouldn't think that the 4 weeks of pp bleeding would be considered part of AF.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had mirena placed at 7 weeks and am spotting at 8 weeks. they do a pregnancy test before so they know that it's okay to do. it gives me peace of mind...i'm not ready for a 2 babies!

• Options
    Tomorrow will be 11 weeks and it still has yet to make an appearance...
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    With DS I didn't get mine back until I stopped BF at 13 months.  Unfortunatly there is no way to know for sure.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"