Natural Birth
Options

birth ball question

So today I brought in my birth ball to work to use as a chair. I sit at my desk almost all day, so I thought using the birth ball to sit on would help LO get in a good position and help me stay in good (better) shape.

It's all going great -- but I feel weird pressure from some of what I imagine are LOs arms poking my down by my hips. It's pronounced because of how straight my back is/far forward my belly is. Anyone else experience this when sitting on their birthing ball? I'm at 31 weeks, so it's not as if he's dropped yet, but I am carrying low.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: birth ball question

• Options
    Just use a beach ball. Its cheaper and you can adjust the firmness to your comfort level.
    8x10 not just for walls I sport mine in my sig... imageimage No we are not together anymore the below is an old pic!!!so save all the jail jokes image
  • Options
    MarseeMarsee member

Don't really understand PP. . .

I've been using my ball off and on during work because my hips are KILLING me. I do notice that things feel different, though I can't explain what it is that is different. And it's not a good different or a bad different, just different. And it does help my hips! I'm sure what you're feeling is normal. I would imagine the posture required to sit on a ball (especially for a long period, like a work day) would force LO to move into a position that it doesn't normally have and hence cause you to notice different feelings. 

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecraftymama15:
    Just use a beach ball. Its cheaper and you can adjust the firmness to your comfort level.

I'm pretty sure that if I sat on a beach ball at this point, it would explode.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    scootRNscootRN member

imagecraftymama15:

Um, like this?

Because that makes no sense. 

OP, I have been sitting on a birth ball at work too. And besides some teasing from my coworkers, it has been awesome! So much more comfortable.

I get that pressure too, and at this point in my pg, I think it also brings on ctrx. But, it is just the position you want to be in. Good posture/forward leaning is wonderful for getting baby low and in position. Not to mention it is so much easier on the pelvis than sitting in a chair. 

Mama to sunshine baby "J" 5.13.11 and angel baby "E" born still on 2.11.14
    TTC our rainbow since April '14

• Options
    Yeah ... not sure a beach ball is going to cut it. Anywhoo -- ScootRN, thanks for the reassurance. I'm getting more used to it today -- and it is SOO much more comfortable. And yes, all of my coworkers have felt the need to make some comment about it. Oh well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageleighzlou:

imagecraftymama15:

I'm pretty sure that if I sat on a beach ball at this point, it would explode.

Yes

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"