Oregon Babies
Options

Conversation starter...

If you are pregnant...

What scares the crap of you regarding labor/delivery? What are you most looking forward to after giving birth?

If you are already a momma...

What is the most annoying thing your LO does lately? What is the cutest thing?

If you are pg AND a momma then answer both! Aaaaaand go....

Re: Conversation starter...

• Options
    pdxjennpdxjenn member

Most annoying thing?

His newly found whining. It's like it's his only form of communication when he wants something. SO SO SO annoying.

Cutest thing?

His cheesy ass grin. See pic below.

• Options
    imagepdxjenn:

Most annoying thing?

His newly found whining. It's like it's his only form of communication when he wants something. SO SO SO annoying.

Cutest thing?

His cheesy ass grin. See pic below.

Funny, Mine is the exact same.  The whining kills me although it is no where near 'new'.  And lately, LO has this little boy grin.  DH and I just love it.  It is the most precious thing :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Most Annoying:

Kate (14 months) hates when I leave her and cries.  She's fine two minutes later, but makes it so hard to leave.  

Cutest:

She's picking up signing.  Every day she surprises me with a new sign that she's learned.  Yesterday was 'sleep' and it is adorable.  Today she did the sign for 'dad'.  We watch the Signing Time video every day and it has shown awesome results!   

• Options

Most annoying thing?

Landyn: He doesn't like to share with Bella, and will take her toys away from her and say that they're his.

Bella: She doesn't sit still during diaper changes. It's so annoying, she's always rolling herself over and trying to crawl away while I'm trying to wipe her.

Cutest thing?

Landyn: Since he's talking more, he'll come out saying sentences and it just amazes me!

Bella: She smiles all the time, and is just the happiest baby! She's so adorable when she smiles!

• Options

most annoying:

can whining include screaming? if so I agree. he wants it his way NOW and will scream at intolerable decibels to obtain the desired result. in my face. i'm working on trying not to give in, but he's redonkulously persistent.

cutest:

his words. he says the cutest fricking things in the cutest ways. so stinkin cute! 

• Options
    if you are pregnant...Honestly, the lack of sleep in the 1st two weeks home.  If you are already a momma...What is the most annoying thing your LO does lately? What is the cutest thing?Most annoying: Insisting on wearing dresses EVERYWHERE, and crying when they aren't "long enough".  She apparently wants to go to bed, the park, and the store in floor length ball gowns. She's almost 3 btw. Cutest: With my morning sickness with #2, she pets my head and says "you not feeling good mommy?" over and over again.  
    image Veda Avery 8/8/12 8lbs 8oz image
  • Options

Most annoying: Diaper changes and biting: She will not lay on her back anymore, every time we change her it is a struggle and we usually have to tag team her!  She has two bottom teeth and she wants to bite everything, my feet, toes, arms, neck, you name it...I tell her to stop going all True Blood on me!!!  ;o)

Cutest: We have been putting some nike soft soled sandals on her in the house so she can get used to them for vacation in a few weeks and she struts around in them, pushing her little car around the house, it is the cutest thing ever!

• Options

Annoying thing:

They know how to push each other's buttons, so they'll do exactly what the other doesn't want them to do in order to annoy them - which annoys me. 

Cutest thing:

We have great conversations. The concepts they discuss are complex and interesting.  It's awesome when they say new words and use them correctly.  Oh, and it's a bonus when they have conversations with each other and make up their own games.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you are pregnant...What scares the crap of you regarding labor/delivery? What are you most looking forward to after giving birth?I had a planned (well day before anyway) c-section with Kayleigh and this time I'm trying for VBAC. Everything is so different this time around with him being head down and actually feeling contractions and everything...I'm scared of a few things, 1) The word episiotomy (eek) 2) Laboring for hours and just ending up having to get a repeat cs anyway and 3) Him turning the wrong way again and having to get a RCS. I'm looking forward to seeing how Kayleigh is with him. I'm terrified and excited for it at the same time. Also, I'm sick of having to pee every 5 seconds and having insomnia so sleep will be great.   If you are already a momma...What is the most annoying thing your LO does lately? When she gets frustrated lately she's been doing this whine and turning away from me and won't listen. It's highly irritating. What is the cutest thing? I feel like she learns a million new words/phrases a week! Today she was taking her little bowling ball and standing in the doorway saying "One....two...(throws the ball) I THROW THE BALL!" So cute.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

What scares me the most of L&D?

Probably the amount of pain.  I know everyone says its the worst pain you've ever felt, blah blah blah, but I just don't know how I'm going to deal with that level of pain for hours on end.  I really want to try my hardest to do it naturally with no epidural (to each their own, I know) I just hope I am strong enough for that.  I've been looking into relaxation techniques and I hope that I am strong enough to stick with what I really want.  I'm also worried that my SO won't take it as seriously as I'm going to need him too.  He always jokes around about everything and he was talking about making a few jokes to "lighten the mood" and I'm afraid I'll get so tired of him trying to 'lighten the mood' that I'll kick him out of the room.  

Most looking forward to:

Bringing her home and having my dog meet her for the first time.  He has known that I was pregnant the entire time, most likely before I knew, and he has been so protective over me and my bump its adorable.  He lays his head on my tummy and listens to her every night while we watch tv.  He licks my belly and cocks his head to one side and just STARES at my belly when she moves.  He already knows not to get into any of the baby stuff and I'm sure he's going to be just as excited as we are when she finally comes home :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you are already a momma...

What is the most annoying thing your LO does lately? What is the cutest thing?

Most annoying thing: Not that its really his fault, but he spits the binky out and then screams for it.  Rinse and repeat just about every 60-90 seconds until he finally falls asleep.  

Cutest thing: The way his little face lights up when he sees my husband's face when he gets home from work.  It totally melts my heart! Also, DH makes a laugh like Peter Griffin from Family Guy and he thinks its hilarious. haha! Cracks me up. 

• Options

If you are pregnant....

I've been through it before so I'm not too scared anymore. I had an epidural last time but I'm going to try to go natural this time. My biggest fear is that it happens so fast that we don't make it to the hospital in time or that we have to go in the middle of the night with no-one to watch DD.

If you are already a momma....

Most annoying: she wants to do everything herself these days even pick out her own clothes. Sometimes she picks the wrong outfit (too warm, cold, clashing) and when I try to steer her away from it she has a melt down. Or she just has random melt downs.

Cutest thing: There are so many cute things these days. She is talking so much now, she sings made-up songs, she loves to draw. She'll give me a hug and say bye-bye I'm going to get the mail, or I'm going to work like daddy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"