Eco-Friendly Family

Anyone use Badger sunscreen?

I bought some because it was rated so well and today was the first time I used it.  It's a sunny day, around 68?.  DD and I played outside for about an hour and we are both pink.  I'm a little disappointed.  If you've used it, did it work well?  DD typically turns pink as soon as we go outside on a warm day (not burning, she's just so pale that she turns pink when she warm) but I started burning so I quickly brought her inside in case her pinkness was more than just from the heat.  
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone use Badger sunscreen?

• We do!! I loooove it! I get burnt just thinking about the sun and it's worked really well on Ryan and me. Neither of us have gotten burnt. We've tanned a bit but no sun-related pink (just the heat-related pink). We've followed DH while he disc golfed last weekend and it was ~92 and other than being sweaty we were just fine.

And the smell is awesome! 

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelittleanomaly:

We do!! I loooove it! I get burnt just thinking about the sun and it's worked really well on Ryan and me. Neither of us have gotten burnt. We've tanned a bit but no sun-related pink (just the heat-related pink). We've followed DH while he disc golfed last weekend and it was ~92 and other than being sweaty we were just fine.

And the smell is awesome! 

That makes me feel better!  Now that we've been inside for awhile some of my pink is going away and DD looks fine. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I posted about Badger a couple of weeks ago.  The general consensus seemed to be that people either didn't like the smell or how it went on but didn't have any gripes about getting burnt.

I picked up some to try but we haven't used it yet.  I'm also going to test out CA Baby and Beyond Coastal.

I hope your issue was just heat!

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • I've used it. I didn't like it but it did work okay. I certainly didn't get burnt with it. Could it have been an application problem? If you're used to traditional sunscreens switching to a sunblock can be a little different.

I get burned like no other. I have taken the trash cans out to the curb (seriously no more than 100 feet) and by the time I got inside I was pink (burned pink, not hot pink)! I turn pink when I'm hot too. If you feel like you're turning pink (even just hot pink) after only a minute or two outside I'd say you need to put it on thicker or try something else. I use CA Baby and love it.

• Sadly, I'm not impressed.  DD & I have both burned using it - even after re-applying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"