Trouble TTC

First ovulation after laparoscopy

Hi - I was wondering what everyone's experiences were with there first ovulation after a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy to remove a uterus septum and mild endo.  Mine was surprisingly very painful but right on time.  I had some mild endo removed from my ovaries, could that be causing the pain?  I've always had somewhat painful ovulation, especially when on femara.  But this cycle was natural and I thought with the endo removed it would be better.  Also has anyone experienced a swollen abdomen for some time after.  I'm almost 5 weeks post surgery and my belly is still a bit swollen, is this normal?

Thanks!

Dx: Septate and Bicornuate uterus and Mild Endometriosis
First Lap - 7/08 - removed endo and endometriomia cyst on right ovary
Stopped TTC
8/10 - Started TTC again
12/10 - 3/11 - 3 rounds of femara/ovidrel/iui - All BFN's
4/11 - 2nd Lap/Hysteroscopy/Septum Resection - Septum removed/still bicornuate uterus/Stage I endo removed
6/4 - femara/ovidrel/iui - BFP!!
Follow me @ http://mcfarlandbabysteps.blogspot.com/

Re: First ovulation after laparoscopy

• I remember having a lot of ovulation pain right after my lap. I think it seems fairly normal since that whole area might be inflamed from the surgery. It's also entirely possible that your ovaries are sore from endo being removed.

I was definately not sore 5 weeks after my surgery, but then again I did not have any endo removed, so I don't know that my experience offers much help. If you're worried, you can always call your doctor. GL!

TTC #1 since Oct 2009, Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    HSG: Right tube all clear, left tube inconclusive
    3 failed Clomid Cylces
    4/5 lap revealed blocked left tube, but right tube is open
    April/May- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1= CANCELLED left ovary ovulating
    June 1- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1 = BFN
    June 28- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #2 =BFP!
    7/12 Beta #1= 14 Beta #2= >5 Chemical Pregnancy :(
    July-Nov long break to recover emotionally and financially
    Nov 24- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #3= BFN
    Jan 22- Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI# 4 = CANCELLED no response on right
    IVF #1- Start stims 4/7, ER 4/20, 21R, 14F, 6 frosties, ET 4/25, 2 embryos transferred= BFN :(
    FET #1- June 2012, Lurpon starts 5/27- CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 2- August 2012, delayed until Sept-CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 3- ET 10/11, 2 embryos transferred,= BFFN
    FET #2- Transfer 12/4--Cancelled, no embies survived thaw :(
    Next steps-- IVF #2 with new RE in March
    HOLY SURPRISE BFP 2/15/13!!!! Beta 1- 286, Beta 2- 782, First Ultrasound 2/25- baby in uterus & all looks good!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Belles -- I had a septum removed two days after you. I have not ovulated yet - I'm still on my hormone therapy, but should get AF in about a week. I'm curious - you had both a septum AND a bicornuate uterus? I have only heard of someone having one or the other. Why were you doing IUIs with a known septum? Or did you not know? I have had no pain or swelling since my lap - I would ask your RE about that. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I had a very rare case.  I had a septum that was about 50% of my uterus and I also had a bicornuate uterus that they couldn't correct that was part of my uterus.  They always told me it was bicornuate and wanted to do iui's and femara.  Then when they realized it was a septum, they decided to do surgery.  But I never had miscarriages, so they didn't want to do surgery right away.  Have you had miscarriages?
    Dx: Septate and Bicornuate uterus and Mild Endometriosis
    First Lap - 7/08 - removed endo and endometriomia cyst on right ovary
    Stopped TTC
    8/10 - Started TTC again
    12/10 - 3/11 - 3 rounds of femara/ovidrel/iui - All BFN's
    4/11 - 2nd Lap/Hysteroscopy/Septum Resection - Septum removed/still bicornuate uterus/Stage I endo removed
    6/4 - femara/ovidrel/iui - BFP!!
    Follow me @ http://mcfarlandbabysteps.blogspot.com/
  • Belles-I had my lap April 13th. My belly button area is still really sore especially right above it. I was reaching for a sweat shirt in the top of my closet tonight and accidentally stretched to much and pulled it and now it is throbbing pain. I am still pretty sore on my right side where dr removed most endo. I still can't get back into my pants that button bc of the soreness and bloating. I am still really bloated. I think this was more invasive then what I was expecting. I ovulated over the wkend and it was extremely painful! So painful that I took a hydrocodone and balled up in fetal position. I couldn't believe how much it hurt! This was our last month of femara. We are moving onto ivf if we don't get our bfp this month. I feel what you are experiencing is normal. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"