Detroit Babies

playgrounds near Canton area?

I'm new to the state... just wondering if anyone can share some fun playgrounds near the Canton area? 

Or other fun things to do with 3 1/2 year old and 1 year old? Indoors or outdoors.

Anyone belong to a play group you'd recommend??

Thanks!

Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
Losing it...Without Losing it

Re: playgrounds near Canton area?

•  I would recommend getting a membership to the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. They have a lot of exhibits for older kids, but they also have a huge water table play area and a preschool/toddler room just for little kids. I personally think its a bit pricey to pay full admission every time, but a membership is worth it if you can get there once or twice a month.

I don't live near Canton so i can't recommend too much else. My in-laws live in Livonia and they always talk about Hines Park. I've driven through it a few times, but I don't know that much about it other than it's huge and I've seen walking trails and many different playscapes.

HTH! Welcome to Michigan. I just moved here from CA last year. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I live in Canton and they have quite a few parks. Probably the biggest is Summit on the Park Heritage Park- they have a huge wooden play structure and a splash water park that is free. It's #4 on this map

https://www.canton-mi.org/iwant2/location_parks.aspx

Me 32 DH 38 Married October 2008- TTC Right Away! Dx - High FSH, MFI 3 IUI's in 09-10 all BFN July 2010 IVF #1- four eggs retrieved 2 mature only made it to 4 cells-none to transfer. March 30th- starting meds for IVF #2 April 10th- retrieval of 10 eggs/7mature April 15th- 5dt of 2 blasts April 25th- 10dp5dt Beta #1- 662 April 27th- 12dp5dt Beta #2- 1576 2 Girls! Due January 1, 2012. BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamh1979:

I live in Canton and they have quite a few parks. Probably the biggest is Summit on the Park Heritage Park- they have a huge wooden play structure and a splash water park that is free. It's #4 on this map

https://www.canton-mi.org/iwant2/location_parks.aspx

That map is great! Thank you!!  I don't know why I never thought to look for a Canton area website.

Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
    Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
    Losing it...Without Losing it
  • https://www.plymouthtwp.org/departments/ParksAndRec/ParksAndRecOverview.htm

This park is great from what others told me & I'm planning on checking it out this summer (I'm in Northville, which is the town just north of Plymouth).

I've seen & welcomed you on the Nest board, but didn't know the ages of your kids. My DD was 3 in March & DS will be 1 on the 17th of this month. I'm a SAHM, would love to get together/meet you. I'm also in a MOMS (Moms Offering Moms Support) group, that is small, but informal. We just met today, but have 2 mtgs left before summer. No fee for the group, just for childcare, just $5 for the first child & $1 for each addl't child, just pay when you come.

Feel free to email me:  broncoalum97 at yahoo dot com

Kristine

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We like Jungle Java - in door climbing place.  There is an area for toddler's, too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMere7706:

That map is great! Thank you!!  I don't know why I never thought to look for a Canton area website.

It's amazing what you can find on google. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"