Detroit Babies

Sleep safety

Hey everyone,

I'm kind of new, kind of not. I was on the bump a while ago, though not very frequently, then my computer broke and what a pain in the butt it is to go on this site on my phone! Anyways, back now, so hello!

My question is about sleep safety. My son will be a year old on June 3rd. I have never put anything in his crib with him. Just the mattress and a tight fitting sheet. Is it ever safe, and if so when, to put a blanket, pillow, or stuffed animal in the crib with him?

Re: Sleep safety

• 1 year is the 'official' date.

Some people wait longer, others do it sooner. Really, it is just whenever you are comfortable with it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My ds has been sleeping with a blanket for always.  We gave him a pillow at about 9 months because he could sit up on his own and move around on his own.  Since we gave him the pillow he has been sttn.

I think you have to do whatever makes you comfortable. 

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My son has always had a blanket. He is 14 months now and has a few stuffed animals in there (which he usually chucks out of the crib).

Do what feels comfortable, though.

Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • hahaha. comfortable. I wish. I'm finding I am extrememly paranoid about some things. like SIDS. I still make my husband stare at the monitor after I already have been for 10 minutes to make sure that ds's chest is rising and falling and he is indeed breathing. I really didn't think I would be such a freak!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"