Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Peeing up his back?

Ok, help a newbie out.  DS pees up his back soaking his clothes everytime.  What am I doing wrong?  We've tried Pampers Swaddlers and Huggies and it doesn't matter?  I'm trying to point his penis down, but it keeps happening.  Whats the deal?  TIA!

Oh, he's 5 days old - still need to update ticker.

Re: Peeing up his back?

• Are you putting the diaper on tight enough? Not sure if that'll help. I know my DS used to leak too if he had taken a nap and hadn't been changed for a bit. Try changing him more often and keeping the diaper on snug :) GL!
  • I guess it might be possible that the diaper is too big?  He's just 6lb 3 oz.  We are using Newborn size.  Is there a smaller size I should try?
  • Loading the player...
  • We had that problem when DS was born. I think the diaper was too big.?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I remember this happening to us frequently when DS was that young.  Sounds like you are doing everything right.  Perhaps try changing him more often like PP said.  IDK how much he weighs, but could he possibly need a bigger sized diaper?  Probably not, but thought I'd throw that out there.
  • My DS was 7lb 8oz when he was born and we used the newborn and they fit pretty good. If you want, I think Pampers has a preemie size but I don't know the weight limits for them. I wouldn't buy too many cause they grow like weeds!
  • Pampers does have a preemie diaper.  I would get a pack of those and try them.  DS was 7lbs15oz when born and we are still in the Newborn swaddlers.  We tried the Walmart Newborn and they were too big and he peed himself 3times in 2hours. 
  • That's funny because DS used to do the same thing. It drove me crazy. I had to change him like 4 times a day, not to mention change myself b/c I got pee-ed on so much. I tried pointing his penis down too. Didn't work! DS was 6lbs 15oz when he was born but probably close to 8lbs when we had this problem. Believe it or not, but what helped was moving him up a size in diapers, from N to size 1. EVEN though he still fit the N. Now, I don't know if that'll work for you because he's still pretty small. But it hasn't happened since for us. You could try a size 1 and see if it helps and if not, no harm because you will be using the size 1s soon enough. Hope this helps!
  • DS did this a couple of times, I started to point his penis down and we haven't had any problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"