Philadelphia Babies
Options

Abington Hospital or Holy Redeemer?

I've heard rave reviews about both but I'm unsure which to choose to deliver at.  Anyone know which would be better?  I've heard that Holy Redeemer has the birthing suites.  Not sure if Abington does. 
BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Abington Hospital or Holy Redeemer?

• Options
    Abington all the way! I worked at Abington, and toured Holy Redeemer, and in my opinion....Abington
  • Options
    Thanks so much!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have nothing to compare it to, but I just had my second baby at Abington and was thouroughly happy with both experiences!  I think Abington has a better NICU too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my son at Holy Redeemer and I can't say enough good things about this hospital. My birth experience was wonderful and the rooms are huge. Nurses were great, the hospital's location is nice too. Loved it there!
  • Options
    Abington does have a much better NICU- it is a level 3 and Holy Redeemer is I believe a level 2. The triage rooms are much nicer then Holy Redeemer, and the L&D rooms as well as the post partum rooms are much bigger and nicer. If you are still questioning which hospital you should go to, go on a hospital tour of both. Abington does Tours on Wed. nights and Holy Redeemer does their tours on I believe Sat. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much.  I think me and the DH are gonna set up a tour. 
  • Options

I know nothing about Abington but have nothing but great things to say about Holy Redeemer.  The doctors I go to are wonderful and the maternity ward is nice!  All of my friends have loved it there also!

• Options
    Abington was AMAZING!!!
  • Options
    LOVED Abington.  The rooms were very large compared to other hospitals I've been to and the nurses were all excellent IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I initially thought I'd absolutely choose Abington, but my Dr only did HRH. My SIL gave birth at Abington. IMO the security there was VERY lax - the nurses didn't stop anyone walking around the birthing suites and SIL's father just walked right in while she was pushing. The rooms for after delivery are on a different floor and wing than the birthing rooms, which I find weird. I also know someone who went through a high risk pregnancy with Abington Drs and she really suffered during childbirth - they incorrectly told her her water hadn't broekn when it had and let her labor with dangerously high BP for several hours before finally doing a c-section.

HRH has excellent security. The rooms for after the baby is born are kind of small, but I had a great experience - none of my Drs were on call when I gave birth, but the Dr who delivered was awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"