December 2011 Moms
Options

(update) If you're spotting/bleeding and have gone to the doc please come in...

Hi there,

I'm trying not to be paranoid because I've gone in for a u/s and we saw a HB but I'm continuing to "spot" dark red and brown. I can only describe it like the last days of AF, not quite enough to wear a tampon but definitely need to wear a light pad or panty liner.

Mine seems to have gotten worse since the apt. I didn't think to ask if I should call back if it doesn't go away in any length of time.

Did you ask your doctor when/if it would stop?  Or how long to wait before calling again?

TIA

Edit: I heard back from my doctor, she obviously said to watch for bright red or strong cramping. But she also said that she'd have me in weekly for u/s until we were both confident that things were ok! I'm very shocked that they would do this for me, and happy that she takes me seriously!

Thanks everyone for your advice to give them a call! So glad I did :)

TTC #1 Since December 2009
BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
!
BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart

Re: (update) If you're spotting/bleeding and have gone to the doc please come in...

• Options

I went in early for spotting and while it never fully stopped it did slow down and eventually taper off (like a week and a half later.)

If it is continuing at the same rate or increasing I would give a call just to make your doctor aware. Giving them as much information as possible can't be a bad thing. 

• Options
    If you are soaking a panty liner...I would call, even if you aren't cramping. You could ask for the nurse and see what she says...it cant hurt.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alhalalhal member

I've been spotting (mostly brown but there was 1 day of light bleeding, which was red) pretty consistently for almost 2 weeks.  When the spotting first started, I called my RE's office and spoke with a nurse.  She did a good job of reassuring me (explaining that the majority of the pregnant ladies they see experience spotting and that it is 100% fine as long as you aren't having heavy flow and cramping).  When I started bleeding a few days later, I called crying and they had me come in right away for an ultrasound.  Seeing one beautiful bean with a heartbeat definitely helped, but it obviously doesn't make 100% of the fear go away (since I've continued spotting).  I've had a 2nd ultrasound, which was also normal.

When is your next ultrasound scheduled?  If it is within 2 weeks of your most recent one, maybe you could hang in there and wait it out.  If it isn't within two weeks, I'd call and express your concern and see if you could come in for another one just to ease your nerves.  Either way, I'd say that if it is really making you nervous, you should call your doctor.

9/2010: First visit to RE = CD3 b/w (normal); CD7 ultrasound (normal); DH's SA (normal but morph wasn't analyzed, so doc ordered a 2nd SA); Prog. supplements starting 3dpo for all future cycles
    10/2010: SHG to check tubes (normal!) & DH's 2nd SA (normal)
    2/2011: Start first Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI cycle = BFN
    3/2011: IUI # 2 (Clomid + 50iu Follistim + Estradiol + IUI) = BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14 dpo)= 161
    Beta #2 (17 dpo)= 518
    Beta #3 (24 dpo)= 7,728
    BFP Chart
    Ryder arrived a month early on November 28, 2011!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP Chart 2.0 - First cycle trying without RE intervention!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Leap08Leap08 member
    I think I'd call and talk to them for a little bit of reassurance. I haven't had any spotting with this pregnancy, but with my daughter I had red to brown spotting for about 2 weeks around the middle of first tri. They had no idea what caused it or how long I could expect it to last. Eventually it just went away.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagealhal:

I've been spotting (mostly brown but there was 1 day of light bleeding, which was red) pretty consistently for almost 2 weeks.  When the spotting first started, I called my RE's office and spoke with a nurse.  She did a good job of reassuring me (explaining that the majority of the pregnant ladies they see experience spotting and that it is 100% fine as long as you aren't having heavy flow and cramping).  When I started bleeding a few days later, I called crying and they had me come in right away for an ultrasound.  Seeing one beautiful bean with a heartbeat definitely helped, but it obviously doesn't make 100% of the fear go away (since I've continued spotting).  I've had a 2nd ultrasound, which was also normal.

When is your next ultrasound scheduled?  If it is within 2 weeks of your most recent one, maybe you could hang in there and wait it out.  If it isn't within two weeks, I'd call and express your concern and see if you could come in for another one just to ease your nerves.  Either way, I'd say that if it is really making you nervous, you should call your doctor.

My first u/s was at 6w3d no spotting, until this past Sunday, they had me in for a a u/s on Monday, everything was fine, obviously except for the unexplained bleeding. They scheduled me for another u/s on the 17th, less than two weeks at this point.

I guess I know they can't really do anything anyway but your right, maybe I'll just call anyway at least they know that it hasn't gotten any better so they can be the judge of what to do.

!

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Options

imageLeap08:
    I think I'd call and talk to them for a little bit of reassurance. I haven't had any spotting with this pregnancy, but with my daughter I had red to brown spotting for about 2 weeks around the middle of first tri. They had no idea what caused it or how long I could expect it to last. Eventually it just went away.

This makes me feel better :)

I guess when people say spotting, I think of my last pregnancy and it was just little spots each day, this is much heavier. And no one really says how much is too much.

!

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Options
    I've had two episodes of spotting, one at 4w5d lasted 4 days, one at 6w5d lasted 6 days. The 6 day one I did have cramping and red. Yesterday my bean measured perfect! But, no harm done in calling. Although my docs had me do betas which made me stress about the numbers (yesterday were around 56,000).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had some brown spotting right after I hit 6w on and off for 5 days, and they had me come in for a beta draw. The first level came back fine, so I went for an u/s and saw baby/heartbeat. It was reassuring, since with my m/c in December, I never had bright red, heavy anything, just brown spotting. My MW was pretty understanding, and said if I had anymore spotting, I should call (even if it's just to talk to the nurse for peace of mind). If you've been bleeding/spotting and have had 2 ultrasounds already, I bet you're just fine, but call your doc anyway - it'll make you feel better :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagewillamina28:

Mine seems to have gotten worse since the apt.

Because of this, I would call.

• Options
    naflmjnaflmj member
    imageJNicMTek:
    imagewillamina28:

Mine seems to have gotten worse since the apt.

Because of this, I would call.

I was spotting and went for an u/s and exam yesterday and it got worse after. The nurse and my MIL (Who is an IVF nurse) told me that if it tapered off w/in 24 hours and I wasn't soaking though a pad, that everything is probably fine. Sure enough, it has tapered off though I have some cramping and now spotting only when I wipe. I just spoke to the nurse and she said they'd see me tomorrow if I want but it wouldn't be that helpful since I was just there yesterday and her recommendation would be to wait until next week. So, I say call and make them aware and just monitor for a bit. It's so nervewracking@

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    Thanks for the advice, I left a message for the nurse and just let her know that it isn't getting any better, and has been worse since the u/s.
    !

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Options

I'm so thankful for this post, knowing I'm not alone!!!  I had spotting and cramping at 5w6d, went to the ER and saw the heartbeat on an ultrasound.  At 6w5d I had heavy bleeding for 3 hours, I went to the ER AGAIN and they said my beta levels were excellent and didn't offer me another U/S b/c the hb was already detected.  Since then I've been spotting on and off. Usually brown, but yesterday I had an hour of light dark red bleeding and now I'm back to spotting.  My nurse has assured me that unless there is tissue/clots coming out or it is heavy enough to go through a pad/hour or I'm in a lot of pain than I have nothing to worry about.  I'm still worrying half to death though.  My next U/S isn't until the 27th!!!  My actual OB comes back from vacation next week so if I'm still spotting on Monday I'll call and beg to be seen, otherwise I'll just try to wait it out.  GL, and go ahead and call if you are worried. That's what they are there for :)

Also... if your U/S was internal it can cause your cervix to bleed for a few days.

BFP 4/8/2011 ** M/C 5/9/2011 at 8w1d Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagepinkcha1k:

I'm so thankful for this post, knowing I'm not alone!!!  I had spotting and cramping at 5w6d, went to the ER and saw the heartbeat on an ultrasound.  At 6w5d I had heavy bleeding for 3 hours, I went to the ER AGAIN and they said my beta levels were excellent and didn't offer me another U/S b/c the hb was already detected.  Since then I've been spotting on and off. Usually brown, but yesterday I had an hour of light dark red bleeding and now I'm back to spotting.  My nurse has assured me that unless there is tissue/clots coming out or it is heavy enough to go through a pad/hour or I'm in a lot of pain than I have nothing to worry about.  I'm still worrying half to death though.  My next U/S isn't until the 27th!!!  My actual OB comes back from vacation next week so if I'm still spotting on Monday I'll call and beg to be seen, otherwise I'll just try to wait it out.  GL, and go ahead and call if you are worried. That's what they are there for :)

Also... if your U/S was internal it can cause your cervix to bleed for a few days.

Oh that would be frustrating if your doctor was out of town :( Hopefully it isn't anything!

And yes, it was internal, I figured it might be worse for a day, but continuing like this seemed odd to me.

!

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Options

omg all of this sounds exactly what i am going through. i have been having brown spotting on & off.. the this week i started bleeding red & passing clots & went to my REs office crying but we did an u/s i measured 7w5d & had a heart rate of 198 i have to go back next week tho because during my u/s she found a lot of "blood clots or blood vessels" inside my uterus that weren't there the week before & she is measuring them...

yay for pelvic rest i have DH doing laundry & dishes & i don't have to use exhaustion as my reason for no sex tonight lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"