TTC after 35
Options

What "tricks" do you use when TTC-ing?

When we conceived #1 we just "did" it.  No tools, tricks, etc.

Now with trying for #2 I am hearing of a lot of "tricks" out there that I wasn aware of.  Such as:

- Drinking POM juice (not sure what that does)

- Taking Mucinex to increase cervical mucous

Taking "Pre Seed" (I'll have to google this one - never heard of it)

Anyway, If there is anything I should be using/trying, please share!  Thanks and good luck to all!

One beautiful toddler and one beautiful baby.

Re: What "tricks" do you use when TTC-ing?

• Options

Green tea helps to increase the amount of CM that you have. Drink 1-2 cups from CD1-Ovulation. Don?t drink green tea during the 2ww because it could cause uterine contractions which might impact implantation.

You can also buy PreSeed, a sperm-friendly lube. You can order this from early-pregnancy-tests.com or by checking the PreSeed website for stores. This is the only lube safe while ttc, regular lube and saliva can kill sperm. If you do order preseed, don?t use too much, a little goes a long way!

Pomegranate juice can help to thicken your lining which would help with implantation. If you don?t like the flavor, try adding some sparkling water. Drink 8oz of juice a day from CD1-O. You can drink it past ovulation, but it won?t impact your lining at that point.

Pineapple core (Bromelain) can help with implantation. Eat 1/5 of the core from O - 5dpo, but not longer. Not a ton of people do this, but you can try if you want to. It's better if you make it into a smoothie.

B6 can help to lengthen your LP. However, B6 can cause nerve damage in too high of a dose, please check with your Dr before starting this, and have them tell you what dose to take.

Avoid Advil/Motrin (NSAIDs) when you are ttc, they can impact implantation. Tylenol is best when ttc and pregnant. If you have a question about any medications while ttc, please ask your Dr.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Ive not heard of taking mucinex for the CM. My doctor told me to avoid benedryl during ovulate because it actually can dry out CM.  I read a story in my taking charge of your fertility book about a woman who was told to use egg whites to help with CM. Too weird for me but I guess it helped them.

My doctor started me on prenatal vitamins as soon as we decided to start trying. We started DH on vitamins after we got his count back. I forgot what they are called but you can get it at GNC for male fertility to help boost his motility. 

Other than laying down for 30 minutes afterwards we dont do any other tricks but I know there are a lot out there. 

Hope you have success soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mucinex thins out the CM.  But only the regular, it only has 1 ingredient that starts with a g (can't think of the name).  Makes it easier for the swimmers to make it to their destination. Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHauntGirl23:

Green tea helps to increase the amount of CM that you have. Drink 1-2 cups from CD1-Ovulation. Don?t drink green tea during the 2ww because it could cause uterine contractions which might impact implantation.

You can also buy PreSeed, a sperm-friendly lube. You can order this from early-pregnancy-tests.com or by checking the PreSeed website for stores. This is the only lube safe while ttc, regular lube and saliva can kill sperm. If you do order preseed, don?t use too much, a little goes a long way!

Pomegranate juice can help to thicken your lining which would help with implantation. If you don?t like the flavor, try adding some sparkling water. Drink 8oz of juice a day from CD1-O. You can drink it past ovulation, but it won?t impact your lining at that point.

Pineapple core (Bromelain) can help with implantation. Eat 1/5 of the core from O - 5dpo, but not longer. Not a ton of people do this, but you can try if you want to. It's better if you make it into a smoothie.

B6 can help to lengthen your LP. However, B6 can cause nerve damage in too high of a dose, please check with your Dr before starting this, and have them tell you what dose to take.

Avoid Advil/Motrin (NSAIDs) when you are ttc, they can impact implantation. Tylenol is best when ttc and pregnant. If you have a question about any medications while ttc, please ask your Dr.

All of this.  Best of luck to you!

Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• Options
    I also drink Fertilitea.  It has green tea in it plus a few other herbs that are suposed to help in TTC.  I also take Vit D at the recommendation of my OBGYN.  I just started the fertility diet but I have not seen any improvement with that.  However, I don't think that it can hurt because it is really just focusing on eating healthy and adding a serving of whole milk every day. 
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Make sure your Mucinex is not a decongestant.  That would dry up your CM. 

Plenty of sleep and relaxation.  Good luck

• Options
    imageHauntGirl23:

Ditto all of this.

• Options

imageshyntrue:
    Mucinex thins out the CM.  But only the regular, it only has 1 ingredient that starts with a g (can't think of the name).  Makes it easier for the swimmers to make it to their destination. Big Smile

guaifenesin

• Options
    Wow!  What great information.  Thank you so much for taking the time to share and for the good wishes.  I hope we all have success - - GL to all.
    One beautiful toddler and one beautiful baby.
  • Options

How do you take the Mucinex?  When, how long, and how much?  Thanks!

• Options
    When you are talking about pineapple core (Bromelain) are you "literally" talking about chopping into a whole pineapple and eating the core for 5 days?  Sorry for the silly question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"