Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Relocating to Area

My husband and I just found out we are relocating to Southcentral PA this summer. In searching online, I belive we'll end up living in Chambersburg or Greencastle. Can anyone give me advice on what to expect from the area, things to watch out for, etc.? We are moving from the Midwest. Thanks!

Re: Relocating to Area

• Options

I moved from Chambersburg about a year ago (but grew up there).

I can say, it is probably a bit cheaper (as far as taxes and housing) to live in Chambersburg, but there appears to be a bit of a "status" to living in Greencastle.  A lot of people in Greencastle communte to the city for work, like the Frederick and DC area.  The public school system in Greencastle is also much better than Chambersburg.  When we lived in Chambersburg, we sent my step-daughter to private school because we were not impressed with the public school (and having go thru it, I know a little about it.)

The other advantage to Greencastle, while it may not have as much such as shopping at Target or Lowes, you can be in Hagerstown, MD, that has most everything, in just a few minute drive.  You can also get to Chambersburg that has those things and Wayensboro, but honestly, you are closer and probably better off to head to Hagerstown. 

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.  Feel free to ask any further questions you can think of!  Or even PM me if you like. 

• Options
    Sorry, just noticed you are from Wisconsin....so is my husband, and he seems to have adjusted!!  Stick out tongue All except for that accent. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"