Cleveland Babies

Has anyone taken classes at Akron General?

Ok, I admit to being pretty clueless when it comes to babies :).  

While my mom and sister said they will take days off work to help me after the baby arrives and will "teach me the the basics", I'm feeling very unprepared.  

I'll be delivering at Akron General and went to their website to see which classes they offer.  And honestly, I'm not so much afraid of labor/delivery...it's what to do once the baby gets home!

They have Baby Care for Beginners, Breastfeeding Essentials and CPR classes.  Has anyone taken these classes?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has anyone taken classes at Akron General?

• JKohioJKohio member
    In preparing for our son a couple years ago, DH and I took the Childbirth class (which included basic baby care and a hospital tour -- I think we attended 4 sessions for it maybe?), Breastfeeding, Infant/Child CPR and DH took Daddy Bootcamp by himself. We liked how well run all of the classes were, and times were convenient to what we needed. As a first time mom, I know I learned a lot! Also, if you have the AGMC Maternity packet, there are coupons for class discounts in there. I delivered my son at AGMC and was very pleased with the experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much for the reply!  Sounds like you had a good experience...we are going to sign up!  Hoping it will help us feel more prepared :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"