Cloth Diapering
Options

Flip vs. BumGenius 4.0

So.. They sure do look a lot alike, but are they? Which is better?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flip vs. BumGenius 4.0

• Options
    I have both. Flips are a AI2 and BG's are pockets. They fit the same and seem to be the same quality. I love them both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They are made by the same company. I got some of each during the seconds sale and my flip was just a cover so had to be used over a diaper -very different from the bg which is a pocket (so depends on which flip but yes they wool be very similar in terms of look and fit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Can you use the pockets the same way as the covers? Can you re-use them by just replacing the insert, or does the pocket lining get nasty and need to be replaced by an entirely new pocket diaper each time??

To prevent this, could you possibly put the insert on the outside of the pocket? Or would that be the reason to go for flip's over bumgenius? Less covers, more inserts.

• Options
    imageUFMADDIE09:

Can you use the pockets the same way as the covers? Can you re-use them by just replacing the insert, or does the pocket lining get nasty and need to be replaced by an entirely new pocket diaper each time? 

To prevent this, could you possibly put the insert on the outside of the pocket? Or would that be the reason to go for flip's over bumgenius? Less covers, more inserts.

Yes if you want less covers and more inserts go with the Flip. You will need to change the BG's every time, cover and all. 

• Options
    Wow, thanks a bunch! For some reason, knowing that Bumgenius' are pockets, it completely blew over my head that you'd have to change the entire thing, which is way more costly than getting inserts and covers.. Jeeze.
  • Options
    imageUFMADDIE09:

Can you use the pockets the same way as the covers? Can you re-use them by just replacing the insert, or does the pocket lining get nasty and need to be replaced by an entirely new pocket diaper each time??

Yes with pockets you have to use a new one each time. With the covers I don't think most people use inserts but instead pre-folds which are pretty cheap. Inserts by definition are to be "inserted" into a pocket. Not saying they couldn't be used that way but I haven't tried and cheaper to go with prefolds (I recommend green mountain diapers). Also keep in mind with inserts, some materials you are not supposed to put next to baby's skin (microfiber I think is one which is what a lot of the inserts are) and so need to go in a pocket, not cover. So to use inserts in covers you would need to buy something like hemp or bamboo, which are way pricier than pre folds. All of that being said, we do both. Covers with pre folds at home (very inexpensive and easier than one might think), and pockets at daycare (we send them pre stuffed to make it as easy for them as sposies). Good luck and I promise all of this won't seem so foreign very soon :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"