Baby Showers
Options

what's the #1 thing you're putting on your baby registry?

Our baby registry is too big.  I got a little overexcited and went a little nuts after browsing online.  We're not gonna get all this stuff, I'm sure a lot of it isn't necessary, and we don't have room for that much stuff anyway.  We need to prioritize and wittle it down to the most important things. 

So tell me... What is the highest priority item on your baby registry? 

Re: what's the #1 thing you're putting on your baby registry?

• Options

boppy, hands down

• Options
    saftey and laundry stuff !!  you know people will buy you clothes, so focus on things you genuinly need. also a pack and play is great if you dont have one already.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The carseat. I can't take the baby home without one.
  • Options

Travel system (stroller + carseat).  The hospital doesn't let you take your baby home without a carseat, so that should be your #1 priority.  Other priorities:

- anything to do with feeding (bottles, formula, breastfeeding supplies like pump and breast pads and milk storage containers) or changing or dressing the baby

- pack 'n play, crib, bouncer (so the baby has someplace to sleep, play, and hang out when you can't hold him or her)

- some type of storage for baby's things (i.e. dresser/changing table/storage bins, whatever works for you)

- first aid kid for babies (American Red Cross makes a great grooming/first aid kit for like $20, it has everything you need)

- diaper bag, baby carrier/sling - anything else you will need when traveling with your baby

My advice is to think like a soccer mom and try to be prepared for all of the various situations you'll find yourself in with your child.  IE, baby is hungry/dirty/cold/etc, what supplies do you need to take care of it?  Target's baby registry necessity list is pretty decent, you can't go wrong by following it.  The Babies R Us necessity list includes a lot of things that are definitely not necessities, like wipes warmers (do you really want your kid to get used to having warm wipes only to freak out when you have to use a cold wipe while traveling?).  I'd stick with the Target list and talk to people who've had experience with babies to find out what you really need and what the people at Target/BRU are trying to get you to waste your money on.  Good luck!

• Options
    i totally agree with the clothes thing. Dont even bother registering for clothes b/c people will just get you what they like anyways! My #1 item was my Maclaren techno xlr stroller. I LOVE it. pack n play is prob close second b/c we travel a lot and I know i'll get good use out of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My car seat- which came today- thanks to sis!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Diapers!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The stroller - it's expensive, but necessary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would nix the diapers.  Some babies have allergies.

Exersaucer

Jumparoo

Plate and spoons for solids

Definitely bottles

conv car seat

Sheets

changing pad and cover

• Options

Okay, we had a little mental reset about the important things in life and ended up axeing most of our Babies R Us registry, anything we think we might be able to borrow or buy used or go without.

After a recent health scare in our extended family, we did some research and decided to look into cord blood banking again.  We initially thought cord blood banking was out of our price range but then found out we could set up a gift registry at CBR to let our family and friends help defray the expense by contributing.  Also used the $250 coupon from
    https://cord-blood-banking-coupon.com

This is a baby registry I can feel good about. 

My girlfriend is going to put the CBR registry link in the baby shower invitations too, so hopefully folks will see this is important to us and help out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"