July 2011 Moms
Options

Repetitive kicking in the same place?

Good morning...just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar-last night we were lying in bed reading and she started kicking the same exact spot over and over and over again. I timed it and decided to change positions after five minutes because I started to get freaked out-like the cord was wrapped around her neck and she was kicking so hard and and so repeatedly because she couldn't breathe. (I know, ridiculous). She did shift a little bit but the kicking was still very rhythmic. Has anyone else noticed their baby kicking THE SAME PLACE so many times that it's worried them? (I might call the dr during my planning period...I'm not seriously concerned but I want to know if there's any type of abnormal kicking I should look out for).

Re: Repetitive kicking in the same place?

• Options
    My LO has done that a few times - so much that it makes that spot hurt!  But she's 100% fine, and I'm sure yours is too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've definitely experienced that. Didn't worry about it though. She's been fine at all our check ups. And she still will occasionally do it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

are you sure it was kicks and not hiccups?  If her back was where you think it was her foot, it could have been strong hiccups.

but even so, my LO has a favorite spot and it is always on the right side so I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was just about to say it was probably hiccups as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Options
    Thank you all! Her back is supposedly right where I thought she was kicking, so that makes sense. It was slower than what I THOUGHT were hiccups before, but obviously what do I know? I really appreciate your feedback.
  • Options
    For the most part, he always kicks the same area...under my right ribs.  If he really gets going the kicks will be all across my upper belly, but his favorite position gets those feet right up under the ribs.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Do you think it could've been hiccups? My LO was hiccuping for about 5 minutes straight yesterday. Very rhythmic in the same spot. Even hubby felt it :o
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

you sure it's not hiccups?

that's what hiccups feel like to me....

sometimes they are really strong but rhythmic like that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree it's either hiccups or it is just the LO loving one spot.  This little girl has clung to the right side of my ute.  She will move eventually, but I'm sure it's just your LO getting comfortable or hiccups. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I was preggo with DS, I swore there must have been a bruise in my uterus in one spot because he kept kicking the same spot over and over.  I think its just because there's not as much room to move around and so it was just the same spot.  I wouldn't worry. 
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"