Oregon Babies

Diaper Services in Salem Area?

I know it's a bit earlier to be thinking about diapers, but DH and I were wanting to look into cloth diapers and see if it was more cost effective for us. I just haven't seen any in our area. Does anyone know of a service in the greater Salem area?

Re: Diaper Services in Salem Area?

• Using a service tends to be the most expensive way to diaper.  Cloth diapering *can* be cheaper than using disposables if you wash them yourself, and use them for more than one child.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hmm that's good to know. We were just tossing the idea around cause some friends had said they did it and it was cheaper, but of course I can't find anywhere around here. I don't know how I feel about washing them myself. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I know the diaper service in portland is waaaaaaay more expensive than washing your own. Someone told me it's comparable to disposables, but I don't know first hand. They are way grosser than washing your own, too, since you store them up for a week. Yuck.

We did our own. It's less expensive and you can choose whatever diapers you want. It's honestly not gross at all to wash them. You'll be handling poo anyway, lol! It's definitely less expensive than disposables, even than amazon prime and costco, even when factoring in the extra energy and water. We used bumgenius all-in-ones, which aren't the cheapest option, either. You should check them out. It's really not difficult or gross.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepeachypear:

I know the diaper service in portland is waaaaaaay more expensive than washing your own. Someone told me it's comparable to disposables, but I don't know first hand. They are way grosser than washing your own, too, since you store them up for a week. Yuck.

We did our own. It's less expensive and you can choose whatever diapers you want. It's honestly not gross at all to wash them. You'll be handling poo anyway, lol! It's definitely less expensive than disposables, even than amazon prime and costco, even when factoring in the extra energy and water. We used bumgenius all-in-ones, which aren't the cheapest option, either. You should check them out. It's really not difficult or gross.

Do you just wash them in the washing machine? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"