Maryland Babies
Options

Intro, OB rec & JHH ?

Hi ladies!  I am newly pregnant and live in Baltimore.  Before getting pregnant I saw a gyn that delivers at JHH and Hopkins Bayview.  Has anyone delivered at hopkins?  Any thoughts?

Also we have recently moved (to a different part of the city) and my old gyn, discussed above isn't as convenient as I would like.  Nor is Hopkins hospitals.  I would love to deliver at GBMC for convenience. Anyone have any recs for OBs who deliver at GBMC?  If you delivered at GBMC, any thoughts?

TIA!!

Re: Intro, OB rec & JHH ?

• Options
    Congratulations! Sorry I don't have any recommendations.

• Options

Charles St OBGYN

All the docs there are great.  Dr. Erdman delivered DS but all three of them were present numerous times throughout the day.  They all really love their job and really wanted to deliver a baby!  I am using them again for baby #2 and hoping this time for no induction.  GBMC has a high csection rate bc of a high rate of elective inductions but my induction (not elected) went great and postpartum was fabulous.  I was readmitted at 10 days postpartum and even though it sucked the staff was great.

Oh and Erdman even gave me a 24 hr discharge!  The only thing that sucks i that our pediatrician is Hopkins affiliated not GBMC but she is awesome so it is minor. 

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just delivered at GBMC 10 days ago and I have nothing but great things to say about the L&D staff as well as postpartum. I also spent some time in high risk, which all thing considered, was like a stay at the Hilton. The rooms were very nice and well kept though the postpartum rooms get tiny fast if you have more than a 2 visitors.

I saw the doctors at Charles Street OB/GYN which is also located at the hospital and I really had a good experience. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i delivered at hopkins bayview and i hated my recovery stay but the L&D was great.
  • Options

I delivered at Bayview but my OB office is in white marsh...totally incovenient for you. 

Bayview was okay, but I don't have anything to compare it to.  I didn't know Bayview was a teaching hospital.  I mention this because I was ready to push, but the doctors/students/other staff with in with another women.  Finally my nurse just told me to start pushing.  My mom said a doctor was walking by and just came in.  I only remember seeing him and the nurse.  I had a crazy labor and was sleeping in between contractions, so a lot of details are fuzzy or non-existant to me.  Anyway, I gave one big push, then fell asleep again.  Next thing I knew, I felt feet coming from my vadge.  When I finally woke up, there were about 10-15 people in the room. 

Recovery was decent.  My daytime nurse was not nice and I wanted to slap her.  My night nurse was great...I loved her!  The LC was not helpful at all, but I made it 16 months nursing, so screw her!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies! Smile  I'm going to check into Charles Street OBGYN!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"