Parenting
Options

Feeling poor after watching Suze Orman

I only watch the "Can You Afford It Segment." Tonight there were two parts where I felt inadequate. A 25-yr-old lady said that she takes home $4K a month and Suze said "Whoop de doo." (I'm divorced, so I don't have a combined income.) The girl wanted to buy a $1600 handbag, so maybe that is why Suze said it that way, but . . .

Then she told a 47-yr-old lady (who is not that much older than I am) that she doesn't have nearly enough in retirement. The lady has almost $400K in retirement. I don't have that much! I realize they suggest we have a million saved or something, but I don't know many people who will have that.

I thought I was doing OK, but that made me feel bad about myself!!! Did anyone else see it?

Re: Feeling poor after watching Suze Orman

• Options
    I would make Suze Orman clutch her pearls. 
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options
    She would poop bricks if she saw my retirement fund or our income for that matter.
    AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ew. Really, someone acts like that? Whatabitch.

Don't let it get to you. 

• Options
    There are always going to be people better off financially than us and people much worse. We did the Dave Ramsey program and are trying to pay off about 30k in debt. Most of it is medical bills. Just do the best you can. Suze the hootchie can suck it!

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I love watching Suze Orman.  She is a "tell it like it is" type of person.  I think it just floors her at where people's priorities are.  Lets see pay off debt, fund retirement, or buy a $1600 purse..hmmm. LOL!!    She wants people to know that you can get ahead if you make the right decisions along the way.
  • Options
    ZenyaZenya member
    I love her too.  She'd cry at my finances but I have to laugh at wanting to buy a $1600 purse!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ditto Starry and Lari! 
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"