1st Trimester
Options

is it safe to fly at 7wks preg?

this is my first pregnancy. i will be traveling to NY next week and that day, i will be 7weeks. i wanted to know if it was safe to fly soo early in my first trimester? im not worried about like getting sick on the plane, im concerned about going through those metal detectors in the airport. are those safe for me? any advice? thanks!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: is it safe to fly at 7wks preg?

• Options
    It is safe to fly until 32 or so weeks. Request a pat down instead of using the scanners.
    3 Miscarriages, 3 Chemical, 1 Ectopic

LEEP in 2011

Negative RPL tests - TSH, Prolactin, IgG, IgM, IgA, Syphillis, HIV, Hep B, Hep C, A1c, Karyotype, HSG, APS, Lupus Anticoagulant
    Diagnosed with heterozygous MTHFR April 2015
    Treatment Plan - Progesterone Suppositories after CD 14, Lovenox after BFP & ultrasound, 4mg Folate
  • Options
    yes, the metal detectors are fine, but don't do the back scatter (if they have them) request a patdown
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I flew at 5w and then again at 7w and it is perfectly safe. As far as the metal detectors, those are fine but I'm not sure about the full body scanners. IMO, there's just not enough research about full body scanners and pregnancy. Therefore, I opted for the pat down which tacks on a few extra minutes so if you go this route, make sure you plan for the delay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yeah, it's fine. i flew a couple days ago. it's fine. my doctor said to just make sure to get up and walk a couple times bc there's a risk of blood clots in pregnancy. and it'll help with not getting sick too.

Have fun!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagewillconceive2011:
    this is my first pregnancy. i will be traveling to NY next week and that day, i will be 7weeks. i wanted to know if it was safe to fly soo early in my first trimester? im not worried about like getting sick on the plane, im concerned about going through those metal detectors in the airport. are those safe for me? any advice? thanks!!

Just like everyone said, if you have to go through a full body scan, opt out and ask for a pat down. You don't even need to tell them why. They are not safe. TSA won't admit it but some airports have already stopped using them. I have no idea how long your flight it but make sure you keep your blood circulating. Sit in an aisle seat so you can get up often walk around or at least do little leg exercises in your seat. Airplanes are very dry. Make sure you buy some water and drink a ton while you are on the flight.

Once again, I don't know how long your flight is, if it's more than an hour I would pack a little snack in your purse like a Luna bar or something like that. Very few airlines give snacks anymore and the ones they sell are expensive. 

I'm a flight attendant;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    There are comparable levels of radiation in the scanners and the radiation you're exposed to just from the sun during a plane ride at high altitudes/latitudes. You will be fine. Honestly, I'd be much more worried about dehydration than anything else- make sure to drink lots of water because dehydration will make you sick very quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thank you soo much ladies!! i appreciate the feedbacks!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"