April 2011 Moms
Options

Episiotmy Ladies : Come on in

1 wk, 1 day PP.
OUCH :(

Well not only the episiotomy but my whole perineum area in general hurts!
I wasn't prepared for the extended pain just as I wasn't prepared for throwing up through my entire labor :(

Anyone else? How are you feeling?

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Episiotmy Ladies : Come on in

• Options
    The stitches didn't really bother me, but I WAS scared to go the bathroom for the first time. I figured it was going to hurt and although it wasn't awful, it wasn't all that pleasant, either. Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I puked while pushing and again after he came out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekestock120:
    The stitches didn't really bother me, but I WAS scared to go the bathroom for the first time. I figured it was going to hurt and although it wasn't awful, it wasn't all that pleasant, either. Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I puked while pushing and again after he came out.

I just feel raw - that's the only way I can explain it.

I didn't know about throwing up - nothing I ever read explained that to me. Glad to know I wasn't alone. I threw up through active labor only. By the time I got my epidural I was ok.

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm usually a lurker, but everything hurts. I had fourth degree tears from my episiotomy and it has actually started to hurt more since I came home from the hospital.   I was afraid to go at first too, so I took colace per my doctor.   Now, sorry if TMI, I'm having trouble controlling when I go.   I'm hoping it's the medicine, not that I can't feel those muscles, but IDK.  I really didn't want an episiotomy.
    But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For almost 2 weeks my stitched up area was raw, sore & plain uncomfortable.  I was still waddling and had to stand/sit very slowly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree. First two weeks were bad but I feel better at the end of week 3.
  • Options
    imagekenzosfriend:
    I agree. First two weeks were bad but I feel better at the end of week 3.
    This. Except when I wipe 'back there' I still need to be very careful and gentile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options

imageKMAXON:
    everything hurts... I had fourth degree tears from my episiotomy and it has actually started to hurt more since I came home from the hospital...I'm having trouble controlling when I go.  

All of this is the same for me... three weeks PP, I'm still in pain pretty much all the time. I was TOTALLY not prepared for this (nor the throwing up during labor X3).

• Options
    I guess I'm in the minority. I was pain free after a week though I do feel the stitches pull sometimes so it makes me nervous to have bowel movements but they've been fine. 
  • Options
    blah...i wasnt prepared forhe episiotomy recovery either. im almost  four weeks pp and my stitches are still sensitive if im too active. my drs office said this is normal and it can take months to fully heal. awesome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    luvdv8luvdv8 member
    You can still ice the area if it hurts. Also, if you have a BF-ing pillow or a doughnut pillow they help to take some of the pressure off.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It was almost 2 weeks PP that I started to feel like myself again. It was really uncomfortable to sit (I ended up with the Boppy under my butt a lot that first week). I didn't poop for like a week and a half because I was terrified I would split my stitches open or something equally irrational. 

However, now (3 weeks PP) I feel 100% better. I *think* my stitches have all dissolved, but I'm not brave enough to take a peek just yet. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"