November 2011 Moms
Options

I don't want to find out, DH does

The sex of the baby, that is.  I do not want to know, period.  I really don't want anyone to know.  We had a disagreement tonight about me making decisions for both of us and not considering him (he says it wasn't about this, but I think it was) which, to a point, is true and I need to work on that (but he needs to work on voicing his opinion as well).  Anyway, I told him that he could find out, but I still would not and I didn't want anyone else to know either.  He brushed that off.  Is anyone else not on the same page with DH when it comes to finding out the baby's sex?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I don't want to find out, DH does

• Options

This was something I compromised with DH on. I think it would be awesome to be surprised at delivery, but he really wants to find out. We talked and I came to the realization that even this is 'our' baby, it's really my pregnancy and there is only so much he feels that he is actually a part of. I know it isn't the same for all couples, but that is kind of how he felt. So we agreed that we would find out but keep it between us. We are not even going to tell anybody that we are finding out, because family members would bug us and complain that we know and they don't. So we are going to tell everybody that we chose not to or that the U/S tech just couldn't be sure.

That is the compromise that worked for us, I am sure you will find one as well :)

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. My DH is dying to find out and I know he would never be able to keep it to himself.  We agreed that we will find out but keep it to ourselves. We might end up telling people later on closer to delivery, but for a while I want it to be our thing.
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in the same boat, dh wants to know and I thought it would be fun to wait. But like someone said, he only gets to be a part of a few things this pregnancy so I gave him this one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know you asked for opinions from others who don't want to know but I do and so does hubby. I figure we are going to be surprised when they tell us anyways so knowing now just makes it eassier to shop ahead of time, etc... I did let hubby pick the name (he only picked a boys name though, he's got his hopes on a boy) since he doesn't get to go through everything I do (lucky him considering it's nausea today) I thought it would be great to let him pick the name. I couldn't imagine waiting to know. I am way too impatient.
  • Options
    I am. DH really wants to find out, in his defense, we did find out with DD. However, with that being said, I was on the fence so I didn't need a whole lot of help in pushing me over. But with the pregnancy, I really want to have a surprise with this LO, which is hard for my DH to get because we did find out with DD, as I mentioned. But I just think I was torn last time and we have everything we need, (ie. crib, carseat, stroller, etc), that if this LO turns out to be a girl we already have everything we need and if it turns out to be a boy, then we really only need clothes. I mean after all the uncomfortably that comes with being pregnant and all the work of labor, it would be nice to have something to look forward to Surprise GL
  • Options
    pghjenpghjen member
    I don't want to know and DH does.  I feel like our baby-making process has been very "clinical/medical" due to IF and I would like something to be a little fun.   I'm the one that gained 10 lbs from fertility treatments and dealt with all of the additional hormones, testing, etc.  (well, he had to deal with the hormones too)  Plus, I've given up wine, given up running and have cut back on caffeine to one cup/day.  I think he can give this one to me.  Maybe that's selfish on my part, but that's how I feel.
  • Options

For DD, I was on the fence and he wanted to find out.  We ended up finding out but I don't want to for this one (he does).  We have most of what we need except clothes.  After him watching me go through labor and many other not fun pregnancy stuff, he said I can have whatever I want this time around. Smile

E 7/2009, K 11/2011, M 5/2013

• Options
    With our first we were in the same boat. The tech wrote the sex on a little piece of paper and gave it to DH, so he knew but I did not. I swore not tell and knew how much it meant to me not to know, so it was his secret the whole time. Made other people absolutely crazy but gave us both what we wanted!
  • Options

I think we were both on the fence for awhile, but I think we will now.  I was talking to my cousin yesterday who has 2 children, both of which she found out the sex.  She said to me that you're no more excited on the day of delivery if you do or don't know the sex.  This is the mentality that I'm going by now!  But, if your DH can keep that kind of secret, it seems like a good compromise for him to find out and you to wait! Big Smile

• Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    I didn't want to know, but dh did. Then we started talking names a little bit, and I realized it's going to be hard for us to agree on a name. So, now I think, if we have the option, we would like to find out.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    I am the opposite of you.  I would like to find out, but DH doesn't want to.  I figured if this is important to him then I can wait for him.  I have also been suprised at how many people I know that didn't find out the sex so that has been encouraging.  Also, one of my DH boss said to him "this is one of the suprises in life where you don't care what the outcome is so why not wait."  I think he is right, we could care less if it is a boy or girl as long as the baby is healthy.  It's going to be a long 6 months, but it will be so worth the wait in the end.  Good luck to you and your H and hopefull you guys can come to a decision that works for both of you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is something DH and I completely agreed upon. We're both planners by nature and want to know the sex ASAP so we could plan and put things on our registry that are boy or girl specific.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    My hubby and I have decided, and agreed, not to find out and keep it a surprise. My sister's husband, on the other hand, found out and kept it a secret until our nephew arrived! He went nearly the entire pregnancy being the only one to know and didn't give it away at all...I don't recommend it, though, as it could cause issues between you two, but if he's okay with keeping it to himself you could consider it as an option? Best of luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"