1st Trimester
Options

slow rising HCG and brown spotting

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else was/had experienced this. I am 4 weeks pregnant. Had HCG Tues it was at 407. Thurs it was only at 517. I have brown spotting when wiping (not everytime). No cramping or pain. My dr is concerned about my HCG not doubling. Is this a sign of miscarriage?

Re: slow rising HCG and brown spotting

• Options
    Another HCG test will give you a more concrete answer.  I would just watch to see if your spotting turns red.
    Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
  • Options
    A slower rising beta can be an indicator of an impending miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. It isn't an absolute indicator though so your doctor might want to continue monitoring them until he/she feels comfortable doing an u/s. Spotting is common, but should always be run by the MD. Brown blood means it's old and at this early point, it could be blood left over from implantation. I hope your betas pick up and you get more information from your doctor. FX.

However, if it does turn out that you have a miscarriage, please know that there is a wonderful group of women on the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board who are so very supportive. They really did save the quality of my life when I was at my lowest.  

You'll be in my thoughts. GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you very much. I did have more blood work today and I will find out the results by Monday. Thanks again for the info on the support available...if needed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"