March 2011 Moms
Options

Lo grunting and turning bright red?

Lo has been grunting, crying and turning bright red on a regular basis throughout the day. Last week she wasn't really pooping so I changed from Enfamil Newborn to Gentlelease as it was recommended by a few friends. She is now pooping once a day (dark green but they say thats normal with this formula) but she is still really fussy, grunting, crying and turning bright red throughout the day. I feel so bad and so helpless. The dr says its fine and that its just her body learning how to use everything. I don't want to overreact but at the same time it is so heartbreaking to watch her be so uncomfortable. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is obviously not constipation but is it her trying to get out gas? Any feedback you have would be so helpful!

Re: Lo grunting and turning bright red?

• Options
    This sounds like gas to me. You can try colic calm, gripe water or even mylicon or little tummy gas drops to help. Good luck! :) 
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet Baby #2! :)
  • Options
    We are on the 3rd formula (soy) and Landon is doing better with this. We went from Enfamil Newborn to Gentlease to Soy. We're using Up&Up brand from Target because it's exactly the same and half the price. It took him about weeks to get over the constipation, but his gas is better. We still have to use Mylicon often, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO is breast fed and he's working this hard to get his out too.  It's so hard to see how much work he's putting into getting out his poos.  God help the day he gets it all figured out!

We've been using gripe water and it seems to help some.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"